460 S&W

PDA

Joemidd
September 14, 2005, 08:32 AM
I gonna buy a 460 friday If the dealers order shows up. Where can I find load data for the cartridge. Will I need to buy the die's for the lesser rounds (45colt 454casull)that can be used or can I just download in the 460 brass the equal the weaker rounds? I have be told its not a real good idea to download because of pressure spikes and squib loads etc...

If you enjoyed reading about "460 S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmftoy1
September 14, 2005, 10:49 AM
You might shoot an email to Hornady. With the 500 S&W they were willing to ship the reloading sheets for their factory ammo to me.

Regards,
Dave

Joemidd
September 14, 2005, 03:04 PM
thanks
Joe

Joemidd
September 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
I looked over the hornady site. I could find a email adress or link for contact info. Dose anyone here have a kink or the adress.the 460 is a blast with the 200grn SST hornady load but the billets are not at Midway yet. I gona try 300grnXTP until I can get a few boxes of the 200grn. Bullets dies and brass are on the way :evil: Recoil is not bad but the muzzle bast is something else.

dmftoy1
September 18, 2005, 03:16 PM
Here's the email address I used:

webmaster@hornady.com

It took them about a 1-2 weeks to respond, but they did.

Regards,
Dave

Joemidd
September 19, 2005, 09:41 AM
I just called Hornady 1-800-338-3220 They sent data in a email. only one problem I have data in a Modern reloading 2nd edition for a 454 cassul that list highter velocity :what: This data seems to be written by a the same Lawer who puts trigger locks and 10 pound triggers in the box along with the firearm. :fire: none the less i guss it will work i guss a phone call to cor-bon or buffalo bore is in next. I will send copys to who wants it

Joe

Joemidd
September 21, 2005, 09:00 AM
I called hodgon(IMR), accurate,winchester,and lee precision. No one has Data :eek: I guss hornady data will have to do for now. :banghead: Hopefully soom some of the powder companys will get test barrels and develop data. New handgun with limited data is no fun :banghead: :barf: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I know time will cure this problem :cool:
Joe

snuffy
September 21, 2005, 12:57 PM
Developing loads for wildcats or "new" cartridges is where the fun begins! Been there, done that, got the "T" shirt! :cool: When I first got my 300 WSM Browning, there was NOTHING out there for loading data. NADA! It was so new, there were only dies from 2 companies. I started basically with data that was between 30-06 and 300 win mag data for starting loads. It worked well, until I asked for and got a handwritten sheet from Hornady, it was their test loads for the then new 300 WSM. I was "in the ballpark" with my loads, but on the mild side.

Another time was 30 years ago, working with a wildcat 7x47 thunder jet. The 6X47 is a benchrest shell that is actually a .22 magnum case necked up to .243. The 7X47 was chambered in a xp100 for unlimited handgun silhouett shooting. There was no data other than from the guy that created it. Talk about uncharted territory! :what: I survived and so did the pistol! Just take it easy, you'll be alright! ;)

pauli
September 21, 2005, 01:43 PM
the 6X47 is a benchrest shell that is actually a .22 magnum case necked up to .243. o_O

Joemidd
September 26, 2005, 11:32 AM
I have done the 300Wsm thing but I had data when I started loading

If you enjoyed reading about "460 S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!