Knob Creek Fall Shoot - Patton Museum

PDA

garrettwc
September 14, 2005, 10:28 AM
It's almost time for the fall Machine Gun Shoot. I missed the spring one so I am definitely going to try and make this one.

For those of you that come every year and think "Next time I'm going to the Patton Museum", you might want to make sure this trip is the one. The museum may be a casualty of the base realignment commission.

From todays Courier Journal:

Patton fans say keep museum at Fort Knox (http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050914/COLUMNISTS04/509140442/1013)

If you enjoyed reading about "Knob Creek Fall Shoot - Patton Museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Omni04
September 14, 2005, 11:14 AM
i live in e-town and and ive been putting off going to the Patton Museum for a couple years now. Guess i gotta stop procrastinating ;)

El Tejon
September 15, 2005, 10:47 AM
You should go just to see Patton's gun collection. That ZB-26 is soooo beautiful! :D

The PanzerSchreck, the Stg III and the King Tiger and all cool to see as well. :cool:

Battlespace
September 15, 2005, 11:22 AM
I am a supporting member of the Patton Museum foundation. Very worthwhile. The current exhibit only contains about 10% of the total equipment the museum foundation has. The rest is in storage.

It is now easy to access the museum as they have "off post" parking that does not require going through the checkpoints at the gates. The parking is next to the museum directly off of highway 31W. I am not going condone taking weapons on to a federal installation, but there are no guards there to check vehicles. Many of the folks going to Knob Creek have various weapons in their vehicles and could not enter Ft Knox as weapons are prohibited. Now there is no guard post to enter thru, only a walk thru gate.

garrettwc
September 23, 2005, 12:39 PM
Had a few days off this week so I went down to check it out.

As Battlespace said, easy access now directly off 31W. Just pull in the parking lot and walk right in.

Well worth the trip. I had not been there since I was little.

The current exhibit only contains about 10% of the total equipment the museum foundation has. The rest is in storage.

Do they rotate at regular intervals? I'd like to go back and see more.

Omni04
September 28, 2005, 06:09 PM
where do they store it at? Charge me 5 bucks and let me in! 8^)

redneck2
September 28, 2005, 07:20 PM
what are the dates for the shoot????

Molon Labe
October 4, 2005, 12:08 PM
what are the dates for the shoot????October 14-16:

http://www.machinegunshoot.com/

hso
October 4, 2005, 07:02 PM
Gotta work out of state and will be working through Saturday so no Shoot for me. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Knob Creek Fall Shoot - Patton Museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!