Smith & Wessom M66

PDA

magnumcarry
September 15, 2005, 12:27 AM
Can anyone tell me what a S&W M66 is worth that has a pinned barrel and a recessed cylinder that is in real good shape? I'm thinking of trading a guy for this and I want to know if I'm getting a good deal or not.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wessom M66" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GUNKWAZY
September 15, 2005, 12:35 AM
What barrel length it has will have an impact on pricing as well as what is real good shape to you ?
Real good as in, looks new unfired ?
Looks fired, but has some minor surface scratches ?
Looks shot a lot, but still feels tight ?
Also a dash number will help date the gun for you if you don't have a serial number.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

magnumcarry
September 15, 2005, 12:43 AM
GUNKWAZY, my bad. it has a 2 1/2 inch barrel. the surface is in real good shape, it has been polished so there is no scratches, it's pretty tight, don't seem to have had powerfull loads ran through it and i don't see any frame cutting. i don't have any number at this time, sorry. looks like someone has been babied it and took care of it.

RON in PA
September 15, 2005, 02:43 AM
$250-$300.

magnumcarry
September 15, 2005, 02:47 AM
RON in PA, thanks man :)

Moonclip
September 15, 2005, 04:02 AM
Being P&R in the shape it is in with the 2 1/2 in barrel I'd say at least $325-350 would be more than reasonable.

Drifter721
September 15, 2005, 09:32 AM
S&W discontinued the K-frame recently and prices are going up.

Here where I live that P&R, pre-internal lock, firing pin on the hammer revolver is $400+ all day long. You won't ever lose money on that piece.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wessom M66" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!