PDA

themic
March 27, 2003, 07:45 AM
OK, so I finally got around to watching the first season of "24" - got the dvd set form the local library believe it or not.

Anyways, I can't figure out what tpye of gun Keifer Sutherland is using. IT's quite pretty... two-tone, DA/SA, compact

Sig, maybe?

Someone here knows off the top of their head, I'm betting.

-- brendan

If you enjoyed reading about "24" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mylhouse
March 27, 2003, 07:57 AM
Looked like a two tone Sig 229 to me.

Admiral Thrawn
March 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
The first third or so of Season One, he carries a two-tone SIG-Sauer P-229 9x19mm.

The rest of the show he carries the two-tone SIG-Sauer P-228 9x19mm. So Jack Bauer either has two very similar handguns and he switched them at some point, or the creators of the show made a small continuity error (or prop mixup). :p

Anyway, here in Aus we're about half-way through Season Two and the SIG-Sauer he's used the whole time is the P-228.

Ebbtide
March 27, 2003, 09:45 AM
Season two, part two (this weeks show) was a let down considering the current situation.

It appears the rest of the season will focus on preventing a U.S. led war in the middle east...kind of moot from an entertainment point of view.

themic
March 27, 2003, 10:06 AM
"The first third or so of Season One, he carries a two-tone SIG-Sauer P-229 9x19mm.

The rest of the show he carries the two-tone SIG-Sauer P-229 9x19mm. So Jack Bauer either has two very similar handguns and he switched them at some point, or the creators of the show made a small continuity error (or prop mixup). :p

Isn't that the same gun?

Anyways, I'm looking at the Sig website, and YEP, that's it.

I'm not totally sure, but I think in one episode I just watched he fired ten rounds and then dropped his mag. Did the hi-cap ban reach Hollywood?

oh, and please! no spoilers! I found I have not the patience to watch one episode per week.. so my plan is to wait for DVD and watch them all at the same time

thanks!

-- brendan

Onslaught
March 27, 2003, 04:17 PM
"The first third or so of Season One, he carries a two-tone SIG-Sauer P-229 9x19mm.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was stumped by that...

In season 1, Jack lost, dropped, or was disarmed from his (yes, very very lovely) two-tone Sig. But yet, it kept reappearing once he made it to his next mini-mission.

Still an excellent show (this past episode notwithstanding).

Mal H
March 27, 2003, 05:59 PM
"I'm glad I'm not the only one who was stumped by that..."

Me too. I read a few times just to be sure I didn't miss a nuance in the description.

Admiral, did you mean a 228 or a 229 in a different caliber?

lazhuward
March 28, 2003, 02:35 AM
Hmm... I seem to remember it was a 228. It's really hard to tell the difference between a 228 and a 229 in a lot of shots, so I could easily be wrong. It might make more sense for Bauer to carry a 228 though, given his particular government position.

In this second season, Bauer's been using a lot of other guns. Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen that SIG as much.

It's a great show. Sure, there are lots of things to criticize about it, but it's definitely one of the best dramas on TV.

Devonai
March 28, 2003, 02:45 AM
I watched the last episode with quite a bit of boredom, wondering what the hell they were going to do now. By 8:45 they'd grabbed me back in a big way. Hooray Fox!

Admiral Thrawn
March 28, 2003, 04:11 AM
ROFLMAO

Ooops... sorry i've had you guys doing some :banghead:...

Here is the correction:

The rest of the show he carries the two-tone SIG-Sauer P-228 9x19mm. So Jack Bauer either has two very similar handguns and he switched them at some point, or the creators of the show made a small continuity error (or prop mixup)."

Here is a basic explanation (that actually makes sense... :rolleyes: ):

First third of Season One: Two-Tone SIG-Sauer P-229 9x19mm

Last two thirds of Season One and all of Season Two: Two-Tone SIG-Sauer P-228 9x19mm

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "24" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!