homeland defense weapons

PDA

cheygriz
January 1, 2003, 06:51 PM
I would just like to point out a mistake in nomenclature that I, and many others have been making.

For several years, in my ignorance, I erroneously referred to "Homeland Defense Rifles" as assault rifles.

It has since been explained to me that weapons such as the M1A, AR-15, AK-47 Semiauto and numerous others were originally dsigned and manufactured to "defend the homeland".

If any of you out there ever catch me referring to Homeland Defense Weapons by the erroneus nomenclature of assault weapon, please correct me immediately. Thank you!

If you enjoyed reading about "homeland defense weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sixgun_symphony
January 1, 2003, 06:58 PM
The govt should put more money into the DCM so that M1 rifles and M1 Carbines can be distributed free.

The money can come from passing a tax on liberals and gun control organizations.

4v50 Gary
January 1, 2003, 07:01 PM
Cell phone. Call 9-11 when you see something funny and out of place. Of course, if some Islamic fundamentalist (or any other kook) goes on a rampage, an AR-15 will do nicely in removing or stopping the threat.

JeepDriver
January 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
You can also call them "Sport Utility Rifles"

Drjones
January 1, 2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks!

I've been putting the term "assault weapon" in quotes.

PDshooter
January 1, 2003, 10:47 PM
S.U.R.!!!!!:D

I like that!!!!

PATH
January 2, 2003, 01:56 AM
Homeland Defense Rifles! Catchy expression. I know I am going to start using it to put tje antis ill at ease.

Skunkabilly
January 2, 2003, 01:59 AM
How about 'ranch rifle' or 'varmint gun'? I just call mine a scout rifle.

Lord Grey Boots
January 2, 2003, 03:07 AM
I also like "Personal Defense Rifles" or PDRs.

shootingfarm
January 2, 2003, 11:12 AM
Beats the he!! out of calling it my "BLACK RIFLE":cool:

Paul

Bravo11
January 2, 2003, 11:19 AM
House Gun = 12 ga.

seeker_two
January 2, 2003, 12:15 PM
I like the term HDR, but I also think that it unfairly discriminates against shotguns (which are more often used for home defense than rifles).

Maybe Homeland Defense Longarms (HDL's)?

ruger357
January 2, 2003, 12:21 PM
UHR=Ultimate Hunting Rifle.:D

foghornl
January 2, 2003, 12:26 PM
I always felt that ANY of my Weapons are for Security of my Home and Land...thusly

Homeland Security Weapons

:neener:

TexasFred
January 2, 2003, 01:01 PM
You can use the term "Sport Utility Rifle" to advertise towards the suburban market! You know, to go with their SUV's!

sixgun_symphony
January 2, 2003, 01:11 PM
Why not RIFLE and CARBINE?

Those terms say it all.

If you enjoyed reading about "homeland defense weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!