Moving to No Va.

PDA

JamisJockey
September 18, 2005, 04:18 PM
Well, I got a tenative offer to transfer to Potomac TRACON in Jan of '08
:rolleyes:
I've accepted the offer. Lots of moving parts that could kill the deal, but in the meantime, it looks like I'm a going thataway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to No Va." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
countertop
September 18, 2005, 04:21 PM
What's Potomac TRACON?

Be prepared for significant sticker shock on real estate. And we get far less snow.

JamisJockey
September 18, 2005, 04:27 PM
Already sticker shocked, but our market is getting out of control here, so at least we might bring some equity with us. Saw some stuff around Warrenton under $500k that looked quite appealing.
Terminal Radar Approach Control. Its around Vint Hill.

countertop
September 18, 2005, 04:50 PM
Warrenton is a real pretty town (at least the historic center). Its a bit too far out for me to commute from though.

My wife's best friend moved there when they were in 4th grade or something.

Slateman
September 18, 2005, 05:31 PM
Welcome!! ;) We have our own shoot at the NRA range in Fairfax. There's a rather large thread around here somewhere about it . . . :neener:

hightech
September 19, 2005, 09:28 AM
Welcome JamisJockey. If you are working control at Vint Hill you should look for places to live west of there. You can still buy for a reasonable cost out that far. You commute :uhoh: will not be as bad that far out either, lucky you. The real jam is east of Manassas. :cuss:

mtnbkr
September 19, 2005, 11:53 AM
Hightech, it starts west of Manassas (Gainsville) now. :banghead:

Chris

Smurfslayer
September 19, 2005, 04:42 PM
Good luck on the search for a home... Once you get settled in, don't hesitate to jump in on the NoVA thread we keep updated ;-)

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to No Va." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!