CCW scholarship?

PDA

lwsimon
September 18, 2005, 07:48 PM
I was just thinking about how hard its been for me to get together enough cash for my CCW, and how it must be the same for many others my age (21) to purchase certifications, training, equipment, etc. Is there a CCW scholarship program out there? If there isn't, I'm going to start one!

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW scholarship?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dolanp
September 18, 2005, 07:58 PM
Some folks over at the TX CHL Forums are actually going to start one.

KaceCoyote
September 18, 2005, 08:14 PM
I think we need shooting scholarships for college, Imagine it. Liberal professor learning somone in their class has a scholarship for tactical carbine and 3-gun?

lwsimon
September 18, 2005, 08:17 PM
That's not a bad idea actually... If this goes well, I'll see about starting a college scholarship program as well. i anticipate getting $200 in donations to be a lto easier than $25000. :)

Correia
September 18, 2005, 11:43 PM
lwsimon, lots of CCW instructors will often charge less, or hold off on charging people at all if they are financially bad off. I'm a Utah instructor, and I've let quite a few people take my class for free when they were down on their luck, with the promise that when they are doing better, they can pay me back. For most of us, it is about getting good people armed and trained, because we sure ain't doing this to get rich. I charge $20. When you put that into perspective, I get to spend 6-8 hours of my precious Saturday teaching 4-8 people. I obviously am not in this for the money. :D You probably have an instructor in your area who will do the same thing.

Now the state on the other hand. They still want their money. :)

goon
September 19, 2005, 04:02 PM
This idea kicks butt !
We need one for each of the following as well:

Long range precision rifle
Military style semi auto rifle
Military style bolt action rifle

Imagine a left professor finding out that Maria, Rob, and Karen are getting a free ride because they use their respective evil rifles to shoot holes in various objects.

Rob1035
September 19, 2005, 04:33 PM
lwsimon-
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a 23yo senior in college, very little extra cash laying around after bills, food, books, and that pesky S.O., so I'm having to budget like crazy to get my CCW. I sold an extra pistol and some car parts, changed my driving habits to save on gas, and I'm eating out a lot less. I have enough now to get my CCW and a G26, once I get that, i'll get accessories, holsters, etc as I can. My dad is even pitching in and picking me up a case of 9mm ammo (georgia-arms.com) for practice.

Its tough, but it can be done. I do think a forum based scholarship would be great though.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW scholarship?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!