safe to shoot

PDA

silversilvia
September 19, 2005, 01:45 AM
I have a beretta 96D, i also have a couple of 92 barrels. i was under the impression that you need:

1. barrel
2. slide
3. magazine

to do a conversion. however today i swapped a 92 barrel in the 96d slide and it works. i loaded up a mag (from a taurus pt92) and it loaded/ejected the rounds fine. there was a little bit of room in the front where the barrel meets the slide, but i cannot move it too much. i think this will just affect the accuracy.

anyways after cycling the gun a couple of times there were no problems. is this gun safe to shoot? seems to me it will work. can someone tell me what other things i should think about before trying this out? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "safe to shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moonclip
September 20, 2005, 04:27 AM
It may be ok, but I'd ask a gunsmith first probably. I'd say it would work but I think there would be issues with the extraction. There is 9mm barrels for 40S&W Glocks but I thought I read that the manufacturer does not guarantee 100% function w/o tweaking the extractor.

If you enjoyed reading about "safe to shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!