IWB and pant sizes

PDA

Mossy Bloke
March 27, 2003, 03:42 PM
I'm buying an IWB holster for my Glock 33. I normally wear a size 32 (waist) for pants. What will I need to go to? 33 or 34? What's the standard for all you other IWB carriers?

If you enjoyed reading about "IWB and pant sizes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Soap
March 27, 2003, 04:12 PM
I would get the 34s. I like to buy 2" larger for IWB carry.

dairycreek
March 27, 2003, 05:34 PM
allow an extra 2" inches in your pant size to accomodate IWB carry. Don't forget to include a very good belt as part of the ensemble too. Good shooting;)

QuarterBoreGunner
March 27, 2003, 06:00 PM
I carry a G30 in a Galco IWB- I wear 33 waist pants and have found that I need to go to at least a 35 for long time comfort.

And Mossy Bloke isn't kidding; get a good sturdy belt. Galco and others make reinforced gun belts that look like street clothes belts.

M1911
March 27, 2003, 06:15 PM
I need two inches more in my waistband. And that's before you consider an IWB. Dunlop disease, sigh.

Jason Demond
March 27, 2003, 06:48 PM
I wear my gun IWB, and have never needed new pants. Try before you buy.:)

Bobarino
March 27, 2003, 07:55 PM
i only get 1 inch bigger, but i'm a skinny little........nevermind...

Bobby

bad_dad_brad
March 27, 2003, 07:58 PM
I am amazed that anyone can tolerate IWB on a day to day basis. I have a 34" inch waist but I hate, just hate any tension on my belly. On the rare occasions that I carry, it is in the pocket.

yankytrash
March 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
Definitely try the holster before you buy new clothes for it. I didn't need any change in pant size either, with either the Glock 30 I just got or the 1911's I normally carry.

It's all a matterof how you normally wear your clothes. I prefer mine on the looser side I guess.

Skunkabilly
March 27, 2003, 08:03 PM
+2? Sweet, I don't have to shop in the children's section anymore!!!

Serpico
March 27, 2003, 08:37 PM
Bad Dad...they key to IWB comfort is a really good stiff belt..this way the belt takes most of the weight and you don't have to cinch it too tight...my gun holds very solidly and I can still get two fingers between the belt and pants....I find I have to cinch an OWB tighter since the gun's weight is less supported....YMMV

Standing Wolf
March 27, 2003, 08:57 PM
I'm comfortable with an extra inch in my trousers. I've been entirely happy with belts from http://www.mitchrosen.com

They're well made; customer service is tops; they last a long, long time.

Pheonix
March 27, 2003, 09:21 PM
I carry a G26 IWB SOB and only losen my belt by 1 noch. I usually wear carpender pants which do fit loosley but they are the same waste size as the dockers that I wear. Never carried in them.

Note: I live in Ohio so I only carry at home:mad:

modifiedbrowning
March 28, 2003, 02:56 AM
I haven't had to buy a bigger since I began IWB carry. I have been buying "relaxed fit" jeans from Wrangler, at my regular size of 32. They have enough room that I don't need to move up to a 33 or 34.

Lennyjoe
March 28, 2003, 05:15 AM
Went from a 34" to a 36" when I went to IWB carry.

When in Tucson, (before here and after I leave here) I carry IWB 80% of the time. Light weight clothes due to the heat.

G19 in a Comp-Tac Undercover. Very comfy and concealable wear.

JPM70535
March 28, 2003, 06:10 AM
The only concession I make to IWB carry is to loosen my belt 1 notch to accomodate a Galco scout and my P7-45. Over the years I have taken to wearing my pants a tad looser than when I was a teenager.

GOD MADE MAN, SAM COLT MADE THEM ALL EQUAL!!!

QuarterBoreGunner
March 28, 2003, 11:21 AM
I wear my gun IWB, and have never needed new pants

Jason Demond- I swear to god when I first read that I thought it said-

'I wear my gun IWB, and have never needed pants'

And I thought, that's quite a trick.

Country Boy
March 28, 2003, 01:20 PM
I could wear size 32, but buy 34 for IWB. I like my jeans a little loose anyway. Buy a pair in 33 and one in 34, take them home, try them on with the gun/holster, and see which one fits better. Return the other one for the appropriate size.

Soap
March 28, 2003, 02:27 PM
Skunk- LMAO! :D

AK103K
March 28, 2003, 04:23 PM
I wear a 32 but buy a 33. It just snug enough to help hold everything in place. If you get them to loose, things will move around on you.

Jason Demond
March 28, 2003, 05:59 PM
Jason Demond- I swear to god when I first read that I thought it said-

'I wear my gun IWB, and have never needed pants'

And I thought, that's quite a trick.

Hehehehe, that would be quite a trick. :D

lee n. field
March 28, 2003, 08:07 PM
>Jason Demond- I swear to god when I first read that I thought it said-
>'I wear my gun IWB, and have never needed pants'
>And I thought, that's quite a trick.

You do not screw with a man wearing a kilt and a gun.

AK103K
March 29, 2003, 05:26 AM
The question is, whats a man in a kilt use to hold his gun? I'm sure he's using a IWB for his weapon.:)

bikerp97
March 29, 2003, 09:43 AM
My problem was I was wearing a 32 and bought a couple of 33's for IWB. Rather preparong for it since I wasnt carrying yet. Well in the time between then and when I did start carrying I grew into my 33's!!! Long winter here.... But I can still carry IWB in my 33's. I can still wear the 32's but they are too tight for IWB. I did buy a pair of 34 since it is just a little more comfortable but generally the 33 work all the time carrying or not.

Kevin

If you enjoyed reading about "IWB and pant sizes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!