Good place to shoot in Indianapolis?

PDA

karlsgunbunker
September 19, 2005, 01:24 AM
I've been shooting at Camp Atterbury. Any better, closer, cheap places to shoot? With gas prices so high the round trip to Atterbury is getting expensive. Any information would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good place to shoot in Indianapolis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
September 19, 2005, 09:16 AM
Karl, on what side of the city do you reside?

1 old 0311
September 19, 2005, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I shoot at Pop Guns on Post road. Good people, good range. Stay away from Don's Guns on Lafayette rd. You don't want to business with a guy like him.Also try www.ecpr.4t.com. It is a outdoor range on the West side.

Kevin

karlsgunbunker
September 20, 2005, 02:28 AM
I'm on the west side just north of the airport.

I've already been to Don's never again.

I knew a bout the Eagle Creek Range but I'd like to find a place to shoot rifles also.

Never been to Pops his range prices seemed kind of high but with the fuel prices going up?

I usually take the whole family Wife and 3 boys if I can. Gets kind of pricey paying $10-15 range fees.

Thanks!

Jayb
September 20, 2005, 09:27 AM
If you want to drive an hour north of Indy, I'll treat you to our range for free....all day. Membership is $15 per YEAR. 25 yds to 100 yds.... anything up to 50 cal, no full auto.

Jay

El Tejon
September 20, 2005, 11:07 AM
karl, what about the Marion County Fish and Game Club on 136? My Dad (lives on High School Road between 10th and Rockville where I grew up) belongs there. Don't think they allow rifle fire though.

m39fan
September 21, 2005, 03:55 PM
Marion County allows shotgun and handgun only last I knew. The Conservation Club here in Martinsville might be something you'd want to consider. We have several members that drive from Indy and Bloomington. They just put in new rifle and pistol ranges along with a Trap/Skeet area. Our dues are $15.00 a year. Membership is closed until January but if you'd like to check it out drop me a line. I need some excuses to get out to the range more often anyway!!! ;)

Take Care,
Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Good place to shoot in Indianapolis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!