Help Identifying Head Stamp

PDA

Ky Larry
September 19, 2005, 11:20 PM
I picked up some .45 ACP brass at the range last week. The head stamp is WCC 41 and WCC 42. Is this Western Cartridge Company? Are the numbers the year of manufacture? Just curious. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Identifying Head Stamp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneshooter
September 19, 2005, 11:38 PM
It's either western or winchester ammo. WW2 dates. Is it steel case?

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

db_tanker
September 20, 2005, 08:53 AM
the milspec headstamp you refer to IS Winchester Cartridge Company 1941 and 1942 respectively.

I have run into WCC stamps on '06 brass as well...

I seem to remember SOME of it being steel case...but not sure what year that was.

LAH
September 20, 2005, 09:31 AM
Military brass...WWII.....Winchester Contract.

The Bushmaster
September 20, 2005, 09:38 PM
According to the American Rifleman of 1993 WCC stands for Western Ctg. Co.

Head stamps for military of W or WC or WCC are all Western Ctg. Co...The listing for Winchester is WRA...Which, I'm sure, you all recognize as Winchester Repeating Arms. There is no listing for Winchester Proper for WW-I or WWII. This doesn't mean that they didn't make any. Just that The American Rifleman (Our god sent standard for firearms) didn't list them... ;)

Ky Larry
September 20, 2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info.

oneshooter, it is brass.

LAH
September 21, 2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks Bushmaster :o , I'll stand Corrected

Wonder if Western Cartridge was owned by Winchester at that time? Anyone know?

JoeHatley
September 21, 2005, 12:49 PM
I seem to remember reading that Winchester bought Western. It been a lot of years ago, but I think I used to buy ammo that was branded Winchester/Western.

Joe

The Bushmaster
September 21, 2005, 10:48 PM
Very good Mr. Joe Hatley. You're right...Winchester/western (W-W). ;)

LAH...Don't worry. I had to look it up myself... :D

LAH
September 22, 2005, 11:52 AM
Here's another one:

http://ourworld.cs.com/BHALSTE/creekerpics/Reloading/HPIM0451.JPG

P0832177
September 22, 2005, 12:04 PM
I have a couple hundred RA41 that seems pretty hell for stout! No splits!

If you enjoyed reading about "Help Identifying Head Stamp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!