Cleaning the Kel-Tec carbine?

PDA

DontBurnMyFlag
September 20, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hey guys. I just took my new kel-tec sub 2000 to the range today. I had a few jams due to a shell that wouldnt extract. I hear that this is common for new kel-tec carbines. I took it home and cleaned it up. However, I would like to know the exact procedure for what to clean it with and how. I took everything out of the gun, cleaned the parts with gun scrubber and lightly oiled them. I toothbrushed the chamber with bore cleaner, but there is still some fouling in there. I cleaned the barrel with bore cleaner with no problems. I am just wondering how I should clean the chamber and how clean it should be. If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning the Kel-Tec carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Joe Mamma
September 20, 2005, 06:24 PM
I'm not so sure it's the chamber. I think it's more important that you clean and lube the bolt (or whatever the 2 heavy cylindrical pieces are called) so it slides easily on recoil and can easily extract the fired case.

Joe Mamma

browningguy
September 21, 2005, 10:37 PM
For cleaning my 9mm I have a bore brush, unfortunately I can't remember if it's a .45 or .50, that fits the chamber pretty well. I use Hoppes (kind of old fashioned) to scrub it out. I'm with Joe though, really clean the bolt out and very lightly lube. Check the KelTec website, they have disassembly instructions on-line. Good luck.

Kor
September 22, 2005, 10:08 PM
When I owned a Sub2000, I used a 10-gauge shotgun BoreSnake for the receiver tube, and a caliber-appropriate BoreSnake(mine was .40S&W) for the barrel. FAST cleanup, and worked like a charm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning the Kel-Tec carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!