Convert USP .45 to Tactical?

PDA

Kestrel
March 27, 2003, 08:22 PM
I have a full-size USP .45 and am _thinking_ about a Tactical, if I were to decide on a suppressor. I have already bought and installed a target trigger in my USP, so I assume I could just by the Tactical barrel and sights, instead of buying a Tactical.

Any weaknesses in my idea? Are there any other differences in the standard and the tactical than trigger, barrel and sights? Would mine probably be as accurate, if I dropped in a Tactical barrel?

Thanks for any help,
steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert USP .45 to Tactical?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
March 27, 2003, 09:43 PM
Depending on the barrel you get, your accuracy should be comparable w/ the Tac. Afterall, the Tactical does get that hand fitted, o-ring, threaded barrel ;) Plus, you won't have "TACTICAL" engraved on your slide...But performace wise, you should be at the very worst....comparable. But be a fun little project especially if you plan on suppressing her :cool:

krept
March 28, 2003, 11:06 AM
Also the Tac magazines have extended baseplates (which I prefer).

I had a CCFA bbl and vortex suppressor for my USP and the grouping did improve (nice setup). I wish I still had it, but sold it because I thought I was moving back to Cali for a job that fell through. cheers

fatboyclone
March 28, 2003, 11:54 AM
you will also need to replace the recoil assembly.

From HK-USA's FAQ (http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/corporate/faq_frameset.html)

Can a Tactical bbl be used in my usp 45?
Yes. However, if your intention is to use a suppressor you must purchase an HK tactical recoil system.

krept
March 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
I think they are referring to the use of a nielsen device with a suppressor there?

I'm almost 100% sure the recoil springs, etc are the same.

fatboyclone
March 28, 2003, 05:49 PM
From Marc @ HK customer service:

Assembly, captured recoil/buffer spring, complete:
USP45 part no.: 214829
USP Tactical part no.: 217706

so it is "recoil assembly" not "neilson device"

krept
March 29, 2003, 01:20 PM
Well, I'll be darned. I was going off of this from your link:

Can a Tactical bbl be used in my usp 45?

Yes. However, if your intention is to use a suppressor you must purchase an HK tactical recoil system.

Do you have any idea what the difference is? E.g. different spring weights... etc. And the fact that the above mentions suppressors makes me really wonder what the physical difference is.

thanks for the info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert USP .45 to Tactical?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!