Eye relief is important.

PDA

Hardtarget
March 27, 2003, 11:40 PM
I shot my sons Knight .50 cal. not long ago. It shoots good and I was pleased with the 100 yd. group...three shots in a nice little area. My intention was a nice five shot group to hang in the den.
I needed something to bug my buddy with. So I loaded another, got into position at the bench...and thought I tore my nose off when that last shot went down range! Yes...Iknow...DON'T CREEP
UP ON THE SCOPE! ouch. I was bleeding from the inside and a cut outside, eyes watering, lost track of my glasses, and I've gotta go back 'cause I didn't feel much like trying to finish that group. :( I've never shot much with scoped rifles and just let myself lapse into brain fade...not a good thing on the range. Bet I pay attention next time
Mark.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eye relief is important." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redneck
March 28, 2003, 10:59 PM
Ouch! Just one more reason that I don't like scopes.

Indigo22
April 10, 2003, 11:20 AM
I've never been hit (hard) by my scope, but that is one reason I'm looking for a peep sight for my T/C Fire Hawk. I love it on my 22LR. Peep sights give a crisp view of the target without the paralax problems of scopes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eye relief is important." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!