Grips problem

PDA

CAnnoneer
September 23, 2005, 01:28 AM
I love my KP89T baby, but I have a small problem with it - the grip is too small for a smooth tight hold in my hand. I replaced the original plastic panels with a rubber Hogue grip and now at least there is no plastic to rip my skin, but the grip is still too small.

Do you guys know of any trick to fix that? For example, is there a cheap and easy way to have bigger rubber grips installed, maybe from a Beretta 92FS?

The ideal size and shape for my hand are the Beretta hogue handles, e.g. for 92FS or 84 Cheetah.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moonclip
September 23, 2005, 02:27 AM
gee you must have some big hands! Besides going a custom route, Hogue finger grooved grips are the largest I can think of off hand. I always like uncle mikes grips w/o fingergrooves for a P89 or P90 but they are actually smaller than the Hogue.

BamBam-31
September 23, 2005, 02:41 AM
Innertube over the Hogues, maybe?

WarMachine
September 23, 2005, 09:44 AM
You may also want to look into Pachmayr's Full Signature Grips. While not as clean and attractive at the Hogues, they offer a full wrap-around grip that should increase the grip's overall circumference. They also lack fingergrooves, but I am not sure if that's a requirement or not for your needs...

http://www.lymanproducts.com/pachmayr/images/rugerp85.jpg

I am suprised that your plastics grips where ripping your skin has I find mine to be FAR too smooth.

EddieCoyle
September 23, 2005, 11:24 AM
+1 on the Pachmayr Signature grips. I put 'em on my Browning BDA and now it fits my hand like it was made for it. I also like the little bulge that acts as a thumb rest. The bulge is on both sides which is good because I'm a lefty.

I wish Pachmayr made them for my S&W 4506.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!