CZ 52 at Gander mountain

PDA

Flyboy73
September 23, 2005, 03:09 PM
I saw that gander is selling a CZ 52 for $199.99. Ad says a used gun, extra mag holster and some ammo.

However I see that SOG is selling them for $99.99, although I know they don't have the best reputation.

I didn't check any other surplus web sites, but I sure someone is selling them for the about the same price.

Wish my C&R was here.

Sounds like Gander is a bit on the high side. Anyone think so?

Gander says they have a low price guaruntee. Wonder if they would match SOG Intranet price?

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 52 at Gander mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moonclip
September 23, 2005, 04:12 PM
Way too much but a local shop has one for $250!(4 mags though I think)This shop recently sold my dad a 97-98% S&W mod 18-3 22lr for $250 though so I think the owner is smoking something funny on occasion while pricing the consignment/used guns. These can't be blue book prices.

I'd say $150 tops.

lee n. field
September 23, 2005, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised Gander Mtn. has something like this at all.

I've seen them at shops up over $200.

Flyboy73
September 23, 2005, 06:52 PM
I also see they are selling a bretta tomcat. Gander told me a few years ago they will not sell small pistols. Like nothing smaller then 4"?

Guess times have changed and the short barrel guns are no longer evil

Brion

lee n. field
September 23, 2005, 07:29 PM
Times lately I've been in there I've seen lots of small handguns. Tauri 5 shot revolvers, that sort of thing. They had a clearance earlier this year locally, and one of the featured guns was a KelTek 9mm.

What they don't have is Evil Black Rifles.

Ohen Cepel
September 23, 2005, 07:52 PM
I doubt they would match the internet price since that's a FFL price and not a consumer price.
Also, once SOG adds the credit card fees/shipping/handling price goes up to around $125 or so.

The Gander MTN price isn't that bad. Real question is the ammo and # mags. I just bought a good bit of amm and at around $10 a box if they are throwing in much it takes a bit of the sting out.

Now, if you don't have a C&R; $200 for the gun and some ammo is hard to beat at a store from what I've seen.

Moonclip
September 23, 2005, 08:08 PM
How much is "some ammo" ,1-2 boxes? And the other day I saw one at a gunshop for $100! I live in an area supposedely known for high gun prices too so I guess I'm just lucky. I don't see CZ52's everywhere, but even higher priced places generally don't go over $150 or so in my area.

My first,in Dec of 1994 or so, was $115.

Ohen Cepel
September 23, 2005, 08:32 PM
Moonclip,
I'm glad I don't live in a place with $100 CZ's :evil: Would be broke fast :D

That is a real deal. I'm happy to get a nice functional pistol for $150, $100 is an amazing deal!

Johnny Guest
September 24, 2005, 09:10 PM
Flyboy73, you wrote - - However I see that SOG is selling them for $99.99, although I know they don't have the best reputation. Is there something about SOG I should know? I haven't ordered anything from them in several years, but my friends and I have gotten several firearms from them. The merchandise was always fairly priced- - sometimes a real bargain - - was exactly as described in the ad or flyer, the service was courteous, and delivery was prompt.

Have they gone bad in the last few years?

Johnny

Flyboy73
September 25, 2005, 04:32 AM
My only dealings with sog, deal with a Nagant pistol, that a my FFL ordered from them. They orded it through them since AIM was sold out and it was the same price.

I have no problem with the pistol.

I am only relaying other people thoughts on SOG. I mentioned SOG in a earlry post and had few bad comments on SOG

Brion

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=155709&highlight=sog

Flyboy73
September 25, 2005, 04:49 AM
Can't seem to find the online ad anymore? Went back through my Email and found the one they sent. But says no ad aviable. I had saved the CZ52 ad on my computer at home, but not home for a week. Was trying to see how much ammo they included.

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 52 at Gander mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!