Pet Bullseye Loads for your Kimber...

PDA

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
September 23, 2005, 05:41 PM
Nope, I didn't put this in the reloading forum. Because I'm not asking for technical assistance with reloading. I've got that pretty much taken care of.

But, I'll be taking delivery of a new/used .45 soon and am looking for a place to start so to speak. What are "your" most accurate, most reliable competition .45acp loads?

-Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Pet Bullseye Loads for your Kimber..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quantrill
September 24, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hensley & Gibbs #130, Lyman #453460, or H & G #68 (or clones thereof) over 3.5gr of 700X for a lightly springed Gold Cup has worked for me. Quantrill

Sunray
September 25, 2005, 03:30 AM
The pistol's make is irrelevant. The kind competition isn't though. 3.5 grains of Bullseye and a 230 grain cast RN or FP works well out of my Colt for bullseye shooting. 4.5 grains with the same bullets and powder for pins. Taper crimp only for reliable feeding. However, you'll still have to work up a load for your pistol.

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
September 25, 2005, 03:59 AM
Yup, I count on having to work up a load. I was just hoping for several replies on bullet selection and maybe some powder choices to get me started. You two have done that, and I thank you. I have a friend with a Ransom rest, we'll be sure to get things dialed in.

700x huh. I've used it before in one of my other 45's. Never had any consistency with it. Wonder if I got a bad lot. I actually have that Lyman mold. Haven't ever tried Bullseye. I've got some 231 though. Time for a trip to the store. So, if you're pouring your own lead, are you adding any linotype?

-Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Pet Bullseye Loads for your Kimber..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!