Glock 19 VS CZ P-01.. which is better for carry?

PDA

beefums
September 23, 2005, 10:34 PM
These are the two pistols I have narrowed down my search for a new carry gun. I need a no-BS answer to which would be a better carry weapon. From my research, both are reliable and proven.

From other people's opinions, which would be the better buy. Does anyone have any experience I should know about either?

I am definately buying one or the other. I already have a Bersa 380 (which i am going to get rid of) and a 1911 (which is my baby.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 19 VS CZ P-01.. which is better for carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RyanM
September 23, 2005, 10:44 PM
Go to a gun store and "try them on." See which one fits your hand better, points more naturally, has a trigger you can reach more easily, etc. The ergonomics are pretty different. Or even better would be to go to a range that has both for rent, and rent them.

beefums
September 23, 2005, 11:27 PM
I already did. I like both. The only reason why I think Im going to go Glock is because parts and accessories are easier to get than a CZ gun. Hell just to get a CZ I need to get it special ordere

RyanM
September 24, 2005, 01:25 AM
Hm, in that case, my preference would probably be the Glock as well, since it's a bit smaller and lighter, and I don't really care for DA/SA triggers.

BamBam-31
September 24, 2005, 03:52 AM
I've got both, and I like both. Both have been accurate and reliable for me. If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the CZ because it fits my hands so very comfortably. It also points very naturally for me, whereas the Glock points a bit high.

If you're concerned about parts and accessories, then go Glock. The Glock 19 is, IMHO, one of the best carry guns out there. Great comibination of size, weight, and firepower, simple MOA, affordable, tough finish, uniform trigger pull, etc., all make the G19 a tough pistol to beat as a CCW piece.

Good luck w/ whichever you choose. :)

PCRCCW
September 24, 2005, 10:42 AM
Well you ask a loaded question :D No pun intended. Both are great carry guns.
It comes down to grip angle and shooter preference.
Shoot well.

armoredman
September 24, 2005, 10:55 AM
My issue pistol is a Glock 19. I shoot it well enough to qualify Distinguished Expert. Off duty I wouldn't have one - I carry my CZ75 PO1. Better pistol, better ergonomics, IMHO, YMMV.

Pilot
September 24, 2005, 03:21 PM
CZ. If you don't like DA/SA get a 75B Compact and carry C&L. I don't mind DA/SA, I like my PCR better than the P-01 because it lacks a light rail and is thinner in the muzzle. Nothing wrong wiht a G19, though. If my wife didn't limp wrist them, she'd have one.

Plus on any CZ-75 variant (P-01, PCR, Compact, 75B etc) you can buy a .22 Kadet Kit and practice all day for peanuts. They're accurate too and a blast to shoot.

beefums
September 24, 2005, 04:56 PM
Man you guys arent making it any easier. I am definately considering both. Id really like to CZ but a big draw back is lack of accessories and availability of stuff.

armoredman
September 24, 2005, 05:27 PM
What accesories do you want? A cool IWB holster can be had from Eric, or buy my wifes old black HBE IWB for Witness Compact/CZ PCR,( The PCR is a PO1 without the M3 rail, basically.), that she doesn't use anymore - won't fit the CZ2075 RAMI. A good set of Hakan wood grips is a definate plus. An Uncle Mikes spare mag pouch, or any pro looking one that holds double stack mags, and you're in business. I use an Uncle Mikes Universal Mag/Knife Case. Anything made to fit a rail will fit the PO1 if you want that, then you need a special rig. I have an Orca Bodyguard nylon IWB for my PO1 that fits quite well....
Anything else? Standard cap mags availabel a few places, 14 rounders at a little over $30 most places. Also, the full size will work as well, as CZ-USA makes a trimable grip extender to use on the bigger mags for the shorter PO1/PCR frame...
Ah, well, no, there are no Crimson Trace lazer grips, or LazerMax guide rod lazers, is that's what you want, sorry....but three differant manufacturers make night sights that fit. The ones that come standard are luminescent paint, not bad for free.
Anything else?

beefums
September 24, 2005, 09:21 PM
I wasn't aware of the following that CZ had. Has anyone ever had a problem with a CZ?

Old Dog
September 24, 2005, 09:23 PM
Nope. Never.

Shipwreck
September 24, 2005, 10:35 PM
You're all wrong. Get a Walther P99, a stainless Beretta 92 or the new Beretta PX4 :D :D :D

armoredman
September 25, 2005, 12:33 AM
Certainly people have had problems with CZs, just not many! :neener: I saw more Glocks and USPs fail at the range I worked at than CZs....to be completely honest, there was more of them TO fail. Law of averages....
I have never had a problem with the three we have/had. My PO1 shoots like a laser, and works like a charm....

BamBam-31
September 25, 2005, 02:50 AM
I wasn't aware of the following that CZ had. Has anyone ever had a problem with a CZ?

You go to www.czforum.com yet? Lots of great feedback and info on CZ's there. CZ fans are legion, and for good reason. Just do a search here on THR and you'll see. It's been said many times that you can pay twice the price of CZ's and still not get a better pistol.

Again, as for the G19 vs. P-01 query, it really boils down to which is more comfortable for you with respect to ergonomics and manual of arms. They're both great pistols.

beefums
September 25, 2005, 04:33 AM
I know the CZ is a great pistol and I really want it. For practical reasons I think Im settling for the G19.

Its a little smaller, a little lighter and it feels natural in my hand. The CZ is comfortable as hell and is a sexy handgun, but as far as carry goes, I want the lighter, smaller gun. I sat there today for about an hour looking at both of their stats and writing pros and cons.

Thank you everyone for your response. I will be buying a CZ definately in the future.

jem375
September 25, 2005, 12:17 PM
Well, I will put it this way, I used to carry a G26 until I bought a PO1 and now the G26 will just be in the safe until I get rid of it....

W Turner
September 26, 2005, 02:40 PM
I traded for a CZ P01 a little over a year ago and was happy with it until I tried to carry it. It was great on the range, accurate, reliable, fit my hand like a glove, etc. When I tried to carry it, it always carried as thought it was twice it's actual size. I was using a quality belt and holster too, just didn't fit with my body I guess. Now I have a Glcok 19 that serves as my OWB gun and I haven't looked back at the CZ.

W

Berg01
September 26, 2005, 03:21 PM
These two are close in any comparison; I too would rather shoot the CZ at the range, but I think the 19 would make a slightly better carry gun, since holster selection is better with the Glock.

TomN
September 26, 2005, 10:59 PM
I think the Glock 19 is one of the best 9mm carry pistols made. That being said, the mid sized Glocks do not fit my hand at all, where the P-01 fit like a glove. I'd take the P-01 personally, but they are both good pistols.

Edmond
September 27, 2005, 12:20 AM
In my opinion, the G19 is one of the worlds premier 9mm pistols. :neener:

Black Majik
September 27, 2005, 12:50 AM
The one better for carry is the one you are most accurate with.

Both are great guns, but on a truly carrying perspective, I think the G19 is a better carry pistol. The tennifer finish is very durable, the polymer is durable, the G19 is very light and the dimensions (except for that grip angle) is what a compact gun should be.

If the Glock fits you, that's what I'd go for.

Mulliga
September 27, 2005, 01:44 AM
All other things being equal, I'd go with the Glock, mainly because it's significantly lighter than the P-01. Heck, a Glock 19 is at or under the weight for the CZ RAMI I carry, and that's a subcompact.

trigger45
September 27, 2005, 01:11 PM
yes g19

Buck Nekkid
September 28, 2005, 05:37 PM
Pardner, there are sheep in this world and there are wolves. Sheep go along with the convential. Wolves, on the other hand, strike out as individuals. A Glock is a sheep...A CZ is a WOLF!

Buck Nekkid

Island Beretta
September 28, 2005, 06:40 PM
I think we need to look at pertinent factors:

1. How do you normally dress?
2. Where will you or wont you carry the gun on your person?
3. Where will you or wont you carry the gun in your environment?
4. What type of job do you have e.g. Office, in the field?
5. What is your physical build like?
6. What bothers you about carrying a handgun? weight, size,handle,shape?
7. How often do you intend to carry? all day, at nights, only when in perceived danger zones etc.
8. What is your skill level and trigger finger discipline?

think about this and soon you'll begin to narrow down your choice..

Marshall
September 28, 2005, 07:09 PM
I'm really not a Glock fan but for carry I would buy the G-19 over the P-01.

Now, if I wasn't planning on carrying everyday I would buy the CZ. I like the gun better!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 19 VS CZ P-01.. which is better for carry?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!