Bathing Beauties

PDA

Dave P
September 24, 2005, 04:24 PM
It was a good day for pictures, so indulge me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Finster123/Garands/P1010678.jpg

IHC Garand - match grade. Hook Boutin built.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Finster123/LRB/P1010671.jpg

LRB M1A. Self tweaked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bathing Beauties" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Father Knows Best
September 24, 2005, 04:40 PM
Beautiful wood on that Garand, Dave. Thanks for the sharing the pics.

Sewerman
September 24, 2005, 04:46 PM
Swweeeeeeeeettt!!!!!! :d

cracked butt
September 24, 2005, 04:51 PM
I never get sick of M1 eye candy. :D

TMM
September 24, 2005, 06:17 PM
is that a MAGAZINE sticking out the bottom!??!

RTFM
September 24, 2005, 06:18 PM
Red paint on the lettering?
Like racing stripes makes it shoot faster? :confused:

carebear
September 24, 2005, 06:25 PM
Red paint on the lettering?
Like racing stripes makes it shoot faster?

At night he turns on the neons around the mag well. :evil:

ken grant
September 24, 2005, 06:34 PM
Gerald "Hook" Boutin-----not many like him still around!!!!!!!!
One of my Hero's :D

shermacman
September 24, 2005, 07:03 PM
Are those metal bands across the upper wood? Never seen that before!

CDignition
September 24, 2005, 07:05 PM
Noi Garand there, thans an M1A... M14..;) very nice.

shermacman
September 24, 2005, 07:25 PM
Ooopps!
I get now... one of those new fangled guns...

Sleeping Dog
September 24, 2005, 08:08 PM
2 pictures, 2 guns. Both of them look good.

The rear peep apertures look a little non-standard-issue. What's up? Or am I seeing things?

Regards.

Gewehr98
September 24, 2005, 08:39 PM
The rear peep apertures look a little non-standard-issue. What's up? Or am I seeing things?

Just kidding. Actually, he has National Match hooded rear aperture inserts in both rifles.

BTW, everybody knows one should use gold filler in receiver markings, sheesh! :D

http://mauser98.com/m14nmheelmarks1x.jpg

blackhawk2000
September 24, 2005, 08:58 PM
Nice wood. Nice patina. Nice stool. Nice grass. Hell even your jeans are all nice and neat. Damn fine looking guns :)

CT Yankee
September 24, 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By TMM:
is that a MAGAZINE sticking out the bottom!??!

The second one is an M1A. Nice rifles, though! I wish I had some of those.

Gewehr98
September 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
Because today was the first nice, sunny, non-blustery day we've had in a while, now that Hurricane Rita has decided to leave us alone and took her rain with her. Note how green Dave's grass is. Of course he needed to take pictures. I did the same, but it was of a Desert Eagle for a research project.

Myself, since the weather's so nice again, I'm busting loose first thing in the morning for the Indian River County range, because I'm tired of being cooped up inside. ;)

hrdrok
March 21, 2007, 07:07 PM
He never ceases to amaze us. He still kicks our asses fairly regularly at 800 yds.
He just did his magic to my Supermatch. Now that we have made our home here on the gulf coast I don't get to see the hardrock shooters near as much but I call Hook often just to make sure the world is still right.
Many of us spent a lot of years shooting in and out of the military and we thought we really knew something ! HUH ! When the Gods of Sniping told Hookie Boy to move to west Georgia they were looking out for us. Meeting him has changed out lives forever. The things that he has tought us about, building rifles, matching ammunition to them and how to apply all this downrange has made us better men than we would have ever dreamed possible.

Rusty Rossey
HARDROCK SHOOTERS

If you enjoyed reading about "Bathing Beauties" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!