Ruger's new version of Vaquero/Blackhawk

PDA

Fatelvis
September 25, 2005, 02:27 PM
I like the smaller frame and feel of the new Vaquero, but I was under the impression that Ruger finally incorporated the "two way cylinder spin option" in there new models. The one I handled in the gun shop still only spun one way. Was I misinformed, or is that a special option or something? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger's new version of Vaquero/Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blueduck
September 25, 2005, 05:39 PM
Don't know about that. My new one is same, you can turn it back some if you ran past one a bit but it will not freely reverse through the entire cylinder.

Maybe your thinking of the "Reverse Indexing Pawl" ? (which I like). What this means on the new model is that the cylinder lines up the charge hole for the next loading on the "click" as opposed to the old models being exactly wrong for loading on the click. Not that you can freely spin the cylinder backwards while loading.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger's new version of Vaquero/Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!