Shaq with gun

PDA

AirPower
September 26, 2005, 06:38 PM
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6024/86119194of.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Shaq with gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr.Rob
September 26, 2005, 06:40 PM
Get that man a Colt New Service, or a Deagle.

Everything looks small in his hands.

Jack R
September 26, 2005, 06:43 PM
Gee... I hope he pays Jesse James the money he owe's for the custom chopper before he starts building a gun collection

Zundfolge
September 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
So I wonder how well he shoots being right handed and left eye dominant?

CentralTexas
September 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
I saw the episode of Punked where they had him in conflict with a guy in the parking lot over a space. Shaq is the typical physically intimidating, look how rich, I'm special jerk most of the players seem to be....
CT

epijunkie67
September 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'd love to see him holding a S&W .500 though. He's one of the few people who could do it without looking ridiculous.

SRFL
September 26, 2005, 06:56 PM
That Sig Mosquito in his hands looks like how a Kel Tec looks in my hands....small.

Rob1035
September 26, 2005, 07:29 PM
process of becoming a Miami Beach Police Officer? :scrutiny:

TarpleyG
September 26, 2005, 07:35 PM
Oh, I thought you wrote shag with gun...

:p

Greg

Old Dog
September 26, 2005, 09:12 PM
He's working on becoming a reserve police officer. The guy's always been interested in law enforcement; when he was younger, he often stated his ultimate goal after basketball was to become an FBI agent. More power to him. So long as he takes shooting a gun more seriously than he does shooting free throws ...
Note: Shaq seems to be right-handed, but left-eye dominant. Hmm. Maybe that's why he has problems at the line ...

mattf #2
September 26, 2005, 10:59 PM
Oh, I thought you wrote shag with gun...
That's what I thought it said too.

This is my first actual post here, but I've been reading for a long, long time.

Matt

bogie
September 27, 2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I posted a while back 'bout how he'd followed someone who'd thrown stuff at a couple until the real cops had shown up. I think he's your basic cop groupie, and I'm not sure I'd want him showing up as backup. Think 7' tall Farva... I've also heard that he's not the brightest induhvidual out there...

It was immediately locked.

junyo
September 27, 2005, 07:43 AM
All I'm saying is, if Shaq is my backup and I need info, (yes I'd get fired but it would be priceless) sooner or later I'd having him dangling some dude in midair and say to Shaq, "Fezzik, rip his arms off."

I'm immature enough that that will amuse me for days.

middy
September 27, 2005, 01:07 PM
If I were a cop, I think Shaq would be pretty close to my idea of "ultimate backup". Sports aren't all physical, to play at Shaq's level requires at least average intelligence (many of the best players, like Jordan and Gretzky have IQs well above average), and keeping a cool head under pressure. Add an incredibly imposing physique and you've got a winner.

USSR
September 27, 2005, 01:16 PM

Probably like the rest; TERRIBLE!

Don

TheEgg
September 27, 2005, 01:30 PM

SHAZAM! So THATS why he can't shoot freethrows!!!!!!!

ScottsGT
September 27, 2005, 02:08 PM
Don't place Shaq with the rest of the sports world. I've seen news shows on him, and he is an upstanding guy. He talked about his Dad and the strict way he was raised, and the same way he will raise his kids when he ever has some. He has gone out of his way to help disabled children, because he wants to, not because a judge told him to.
If he could ever figure out which eye to use, I'd love to have him as my back up in a fire fight!

SLCDave
September 27, 2005, 02:48 PM
I don't pretend to know about his personal life, but when the Lakers won the title, and some police cruisers were flipped and torched by rioting "fans", he paid to replace them.

abaddon
September 27, 2005, 02:53 PM
If he can succeed in professional basketball then he has the physical and mental ability to handle himself in any fight. He can obviously keep his cool under pressure. Specific training about gun knowledge can come later - he's got the essentials to do well. Btw, I think the Desert Eagle would be a good choice for him too. One of the rare people who can probably handle the recoil very easily. Wonder what he'll have to carry as a Miami Beach officer? If they don't let him choose it'll probably be too small.

ScottsGT
September 27, 2005, 03:08 PM
But he would make a good spokesman for the Kel-Tek P3AT :D
If he could only fit that big sausage finger inside the finger guard! :evil:

RTFM
September 27, 2005, 04:15 PM
Zundfolge...

Ask Col. Jeff Cooper. He too is funny headed.
He said he shoots Right/Right for training purpose in his classes. But on his own time and when he does not think about it, he is Right(hand)/Left(eye)

Shaq's lame. Miami will be worse off then they are now if he joins the force.

ScottsGT
September 27, 2005, 04:41 PM
Shaq's lame. Miami will be worse off then they are now if he joins the force.

Only if their playing B-ball :D

yorec
September 27, 2005, 06:05 PM
I think it's great to see another celebrity firearm handler and LEO supporter. They don't have to be the best of the best to get my accolades! I get tired of the hollywierd "I hate this country" types all the time.

Go Shaq!

(Fwiw, joining and hleping out the law enforcement community is not all that uncommon for celebritys - I know of others who have done similar things. LCSO (my home county) had a celebrity special deputy for a while who's fame would equal Shaq's. Haven't heard if he's still on the roster, but he didn't do it for the notoriety - didn't even PR it much - probably just wanted an excuse to fly his plane for a good cause I think... Harrison Ford)

Nice to know thier are some good one out there in the limelight.

Dionysusigma
September 27, 2005, 06:10 PM
Someone get him an NAA .22... http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/img/smilies/lol.png http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/img/smilies/big_smile.png

I'd recommend the Desert Eagle .50AE (for once) and a Barret M82A1.

Scoupe
September 27, 2005, 06:36 PM
Note: Shaq seems to be right-handed, but left-eye dominant. Hmm. Maybe that's why he has problems at the line ...
First thing that came to my mind too.

twency
September 27, 2005, 07:13 PM

Not usually a problem for me. As my right eye has gotten weaker, I've shifted to left-eye dominance fairly seamlessly. Hasn't seemed to affect my ability to hit the target much. I wasn't amazing to begin with, but I haven't gotten any worse that I've noticed.

-twency

captain obvious
September 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
I had heard he was already doing law enforcement work, or rather I had heard a story of Shaq arresting some guy and taking him to the police station in his Bentley. I can't remember the rest of the details, but they were rather funny.

chopinbloc
September 27, 2005, 11:57 PM
"Fezzik, rip his arms off."

funniest thing i've heard in a long time; i love that movie.

perception
September 28, 2005, 12:05 AM
http://www.nationallampoon.com/nl/03_voices/shaq/shaq.jpg

This one is more his style.

JJE
September 28, 2005, 12:08 AM
Even though I'm a life-long Laker-hater, I have quite a bit of respect for Shaq. He doesn't take himself seriously, he really HAS done a lot of charity work, continuing to do toy drives for poor kids in LA even after he was traded to Miami. I've heard him quoted as saying he wants to be a Sheriff or Police Chief and he specified the cities he was interested in, but I forget what they were.

ruger270man
September 28, 2005, 01:45 PM
He could probably carry a DE .50 AE, and it would be as proportionate to his body as a makarov would be to mine :scrutiny:

chris in va
September 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
I can see it now. All the perps will want an autograph.

iiibdsiil
September 29, 2005, 01:33 AM
I'll take the ticket Officer! Just so I can brag to my friends that Shaq busted me. Hahahaha. He'll be charging for writing tickets, since he has to sign em.

Agent P
September 29, 2005, 01:45 AM
I think it's awesome that's Shaq's a deputy US marshal. Marshals rock.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7981629/

Shaq helps out — as U.S. deputy marshal
Heat star works several hours with Miami Beach police

Updated: 4:13 p.m. ET May 25, 2005
MIAMI - He’s Shaquille O’Neal, basketball star and undercover officer.

The 7-foot-1, 325-pound Miami Heat center, who has a fascination with law enforcement, was recently sworn in as a U.S. deputy marshal. He spent six hours on a Saturday afternoon with Miami Beach police investigators helping with cases.

O’Neal has joined a Department of Justice task force that tracks down sexual predators who target children on the Internet.

He is becoming familiar with the techniques and software that officers use to track down the predators, said Miami Beach Police Chief Don De Lucca. And he spends countless hours on his home computer, logging into the police network and learning the ropes.

“I put a lot into it, and when I am done playing, I plan on going undercover and then being the sheriff or chief of police somewhere, either Miami or Orlando, I don’t know yet,” O’Neal said recently.

After being traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to Miami, O’Neal contacted Miami Beach police about becoming a reserve officer. He drops by the department regularly for one-on-one instruction, speaks to De Lucca at least once a week, and is a few training hours shy of being certified to make arrests, conduct search warrants and carry a .40-caliber pistol.

“Everyone knows the love I have for the people who defend the streets and the people who defend our country, the armed forces, the Army, Navy, Marines. I want to do something like that, help the community,” O’Neal said. “I want to really learn the business.”

O’Neal has been interested in law enforcement since he was a teen. He was raised by a stepfather who was an Army sergeant. Two of his uncles worked in law enforcement.

While playing for the Lakers, he went through the police academy and became a reserve officer with the Los Angeles Port Police.

During the 2000 offseason, he rode along with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. They recovered three stolen cars and made a handful of arrests.

“Shaq’s interest in police work is very real,” De Lucca said. “He’d be a great undercover guy.

“Obviously, we’re not going to send him out to buy dope, but he can do surveillance, he can do Internet crimes. He has an incredible thirst for information, he’s street-smart, and he’s a communicator and leader. I just hope it’s not my job he comes after, or I’m in trouble.”

stealthmode
September 29, 2005, 01:53 AM
yorec

is there any proof to him supporting the 2A or is he just another one that thinks he should be able to own but not the rest of us like so many of the celebrities out there.

natedog
September 29, 2005, 02:33 AM
I saw a man of his proportions in a local gun store once. The USP .45 he was handling could've worked as a pocket pistol for him.

Turkish
September 29, 2005, 04:36 AM
Well, he has got to have at least basic gun handling knowledge. I don't think I saw anyone else in the thread comment on his proper trigger control.

artherd
September 29, 2005, 05:20 AM
He needs either a Desert Eagle or more likely a full USP Expert .45 or Mk23.

Or a .45-70 revolver

ctdonath
September 29, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm right handed, left eyed.
I shoot just fine.
Pistols get my left eye, rifles use my right.

Urban Werewolf
September 29, 2005, 07:57 PM
I have a lot of respect for Shaq the ball-player and for his willingness to help out law enforcement and support it. From all that I've heard he actually is a decent guy, even if he has faults like all of us.

About the only negative thing I'll say about him is that the man should NEVER be allowed to act again. And that goes for a lot of other athletes. C'mon guys, know your limitations. Just because you can slam dunk a basketball at regulation height or hit a home run does NOT mean you can give any kind of decent performance. Leave the acting to the actors.

"Fezzik, tear his arms off." Yes! Perfect line, that movie's a classic!

Rob1035
September 29, 2005, 08:27 PM
I was going to say MK23 as well.

Kjervin
September 29, 2005, 08:32 PM
Undercover? How's that work?

KJ

Spreadfire Arms
September 29, 2005, 09:21 PM
i shoot left eye dominant and i am right handed but i am a pretty good shot :)

i did place Top Shooter in my Police Academy class!

Too Many Choices!?
September 30, 2005, 09:48 AM
1. Damn that gun looks little. Shaq don't blow off the tip your finger.
2. Shaq's arms are soooo loooong he probably can't shoot with a locked arm :confused: ...
3. Shaq got a straight finger in the pic! Slam dunk!
4. Holy Crap! Shaq shoots pistols like me! Right-handed and left-eyed :), and I shoot just fine Thankyou guys very much. I also shoot rifles with my right eye CTDonath. Just feels more natural.
5. Some people seem to be mad that Shaq is not the status-quo when it comes to Large (over-payed:scrutiny:, Large{figuratively and physically} Black Male Athletes). Well Shaq, looks like you really are damned if you do and damned if you don't, as a celeb
:uhoh: ...

Too Many Choices!?
September 30, 2005, 09:53 AM
I think Shaq needs a D-eagle .50 semi auto, with a S & W 500, chopped to become a,"snub nosed 500" for a BUG :what:. But with the stats being what they are, I really doubt he would ever need a gun as an officer :neener: .

ScottsGT
September 30, 2005, 10:55 AM
Let's not forget the cruiser is going to have to have a sunroof so his head can stick out of!

g21forme
September 30, 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah because all cops have above average IQ's. :scrutiny:

Old Dog
September 30, 2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah because all cops have above average IQ's. And here's a comment that was totally unnecessary. I remain amazed at how some can get a little-cop bashing into almost any thread ...

dzimmerm
September 30, 2005, 08:53 PM
The link to the orignal Pic looks broken. Is there a working link available?

dzimmerm

If you enjoyed reading about "Shaq with gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!