job interview

PDA

illuminatus99
March 28, 2003, 01:06 PM
got a job interview on monday....... at the local indoor range. I'm not sure exactly how it happened but I was talking to a tech recruiter and we had decided to meet for lunch, somehow by the end of the phone call it ended up switching from grabbing lunch to grabbing a couple boxes of ammo. I think this beats the job interview I had at hooters once.

If you enjoyed reading about "job interview" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Spackler
March 28, 2003, 01:21 PM
Just don't out-shoot him.

illuminatus99
March 28, 2003, 01:24 PM
that might be difficult, he said he's never shot a pistol before and just started shooting a few months ago when he inhereted some shotguns and rifles from his grandfather.

BrokenPaw
March 28, 2003, 02:26 PM
In that case, just don't be arrogant about out-shooting him. :D

Actually, my father used to be a salesman for a computer company, and when he had a golf teetime/sales meeting with a big account's purchasing manager, he would always make sure to have a worse score than they did, by aiming for the bunker. That way, he was practicing his game, but still stroking his client's ego.

You could do the same thing. Aim for a different part of the target on every shot. That way, if you get a really tight grouping, it's because you're doing something *wrong*.

Good luck at your interview.

-BP

10-Ring
March 28, 2003, 02:32 PM
Admire the guns he brings, let him shoot what you've brought, & maybe a couple of pointers to improve his shooting & the job is yours!
Good luck ;)

Soap
March 28, 2003, 02:47 PM
As a side note, Hooters is hands down the worst place I've ever eaten. :barf:

Zundfolge
March 28, 2003, 02:56 PM
Hooters is hands down the worst place I've ever eaten.

They have food there :confused:

All I remember is beer and ... well, hooters :neener:

foghornl
March 28, 2003, 03:10 PM
The food @ Hooters stinks, but man...what service:evil:

ball3006
March 28, 2003, 04:07 PM
wings and oysters. I can't stand the plastic bumps though. Legs are nice.....chris3

seeker_two
March 28, 2003, 04:10 PM
Last Hooters I went to didn't even have good "service"...:mad:

http://www.tgfa.org/books_mags/images/htguy.jpg

Topgun
March 28, 2003, 04:24 PM
You possess a practical and analytical mind. Welcome aboard. Post often.

:)

illuminatus99
March 28, 2003, 04:57 PM
I'm not too worried about getting the job since I'm suppoed to start on tuesday so the interview is more of a formality than anything, unfortunately the job pays slightly less than my unemployment. I'm just sick of sitting around all day.

Soap
March 28, 2003, 04:59 PM
There are plenty of women in the world and life is too short to waste time with nasty ones. Hooters employs nasty ones. If you want to pick up some quality ladies, then find a really nice place in town that has a bar as well as gourmet quality food. Put on thy suit, and go forth. :)

StuporDave
March 28, 2003, 08:18 PM
There are plenty of women in the world and life is too short to waste time with nasty ones. Hooters employs nasty ones. If you want to pick up some quality ladies, then find a really nice place in town that has a bar as well as gourmet quality food. Put on thy suit, and go forth.

Many moons ago a freinds wife told me "Dave, you're never going to meet a nice girl hanging around in bars." To which I replied "But Noreen, I'm not looking for a 'nice' girl" :D

Yeah, I know....somebody slap me.

Dave

coonan357
March 28, 2003, 08:34 PM
good luck on you interview , just for the heck of it do a couple of x rings and say it was luck or even help the guy out .t hats browning points .. as I found out from the local SPD .

benewton
March 29, 2003, 04:22 PM
It's gotta beat the one's I'm going to have to do, which microcontrollers have you used, any analog experience, ...

I agree with stupordave, though, since back in "those days", I always considered the cost/benefit ration.

'course, now that I've found and married the right one, the cost portion doesn't even exist.

Right...

One more female myth ranking right up there with suits and ties, as far as I'm concerned.

Still, I'm addicted, and so it will go, I hope.

If you enjoyed reading about "job interview" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!