Sig Mosquito

September 27, 2005, 01:42 AM
What is the verdict?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Mosquito" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
September 27, 2005, 02:43 AM
Verdict? They're small, and made by Sig.

Oh, and rumor has it they're black.

I handled one, and wasn't impressed enough to buy one. Seemed like not that much gun for the money, when compared to other .22 semi autos. Just me, but I expected more from Sig, I guess.

September 27, 2005, 03:15 AM
i've only read one review of it, and it was horrible.

September 27, 2005, 10:21 AM
it got a great review at sig forum :rolleyes:

there's very little difference between the mosquito and the p22.

if you're going to buy a sig 22, for just about the exact same money you can get a trailside... which is an order of magnitude ahead.

September 27, 2005, 12:23 PM
If I shot sigs, I'd think about one. Since I don't, I'll stick to my 22/45, which is dead reliable, accurate, and has no "teething issues" that need to be worked out.

September 27, 2005, 12:35 PM
It's a plinker. Designed to be a plinker. Even if its a great's a plinker.
I love plinking myself. But if spend that much money on a gun, I can get a gun that plinks well and also double as a target gun (Ruger, Buck Mark, Trailside, etc.).
Just my two cents.

September 27, 2005, 12:41 PM
All the reviews I've read have been bad.

September 27, 2005, 02:25 PM
Many who have them have had multiple problems. Real SIGaphiles fix them, get them to work OK, and make excuses for the problems they had.

I don't see the point in them -- they just don't seem to really serve a useful function, especially for the money. If you just have to have one, OK I guess, but otherwise????

September 27, 2005, 04:11 PM

September 27, 2005, 05:47 PM
Well you can tell from my username what I think of Sigs, but I shot a Mosquito at a demo earlier in the year and I was not impressed at all.

It seemed very picky about the ammo type, I had a lot of FTFeeds.

September 27, 2005, 06:38 PM
Best .22lr pistol is the CZ Kadet. Either the whole pistol or just a .22lr conversion kit. I run one on my CZ SP-01 and it is great. No failures it it is indeed a full-size steel pistol with regular pistol mags that shoots .22lr. Can't beat the conversion for $240.

Pic is not mine but it is a kadet pistol

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Mosquito" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!