Class 3 automatic weapons

PDA

warth0g
September 27, 2005, 05:08 AM
One simpel question:

How many transferable class 3 weapons are there?

just curios.

warthog

If you enjoyed reading about "Class 3 automatic weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ShackleMeNot
September 27, 2005, 06:25 AM

:p

The truth is that noone knows. Not even the BATFE.

lwsimon
September 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
42 is the answer, but not to that question... :0)

El Tejon
September 27, 2005, 08:26 AM
Zero. No such thing as a "Class 3 weapon."

There are tens upon tens of millions of automatic weapons. Do you mean fully automatic?

Weapons are Title I or Title II (the NFA recodified into the SSA of '68 into which machine guns fall). Title II weapons include short rifles, short shotguns, any other weapons [umbrella guns, etc.], destructive devices (e.g. hand grenades), weapons in militree caliber over .50, fully automatic weapons, and now some shotguns.

Dealers and makers are Classes, e.g. Class 2 or 7. If you buy a machine gun from a Dealer with a Class 7 rating, do you own a Class 7 weapon? :D

Your answer: no one has any idea. ATFE record keeping is less than ideal. New machine guns are "discovered" routinely. Records are stolen or lost by angry ATF employees or by neglect almost daily.

warth0g
September 27, 2005, 09:23 AM
El Tejon:

Ok, some background, what I refer to as "class 3" weapons are weapons who can fire fully automatic fire, and who can be sold and resold to private citisens.

Is it 5000 or 50 000? 100 000?

Which number do you think is nearest?

Hope you understand my question... :)

warthog

harvester of sorrow
September 27, 2005, 09:57 AM
Last I heard, the BATFE estimated that there were around 150,000 transferable machineguns. Nobody knows the real number though, could be way above that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Class 3 automatic weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!