CA Nat. Guard using M16s with "clips"

PDA

Average Guy
March 28, 2003, 03:07 PM
On the news in Lost Angeles this morning (KFI radio), a National Guard Lt. Col. patrolling LAX said (and I paraphrase): "If you see an M16, you will see a clip in it."

:shakes head:

If you enjoyed reading about "CA Nat. Guard using M16s with "clips"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BerettaNut92
March 28, 2003, 03:27 PM
bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG bangSPROINGGGG **PING**!!! :D

It's the California-legal kind that doesn't take a detachable magazine ;)

AJ Dual
March 28, 2003, 03:32 PM
Skunk...

I take it that's your impression of an en-bloc loading AR?

If so. LOL!

QuarterBoreGunner
March 28, 2003, 03:33 PM
Now how the heck are they gonna get that Garand clip into the mag well?

I wait, I've got it; they're using those FAB-10 receiver types and he means 10 round stipper clips.

Ok so that makes sense now. ;

'bangSPROINGGGG'- hah!

El Tejon
March 28, 2003, 03:47 PM
[Janet Jackson music] "Nasty, nasty girl, don't mean a thing. Doot, dootdodoot, Oooooh, you nasty girl."

Pendragon
March 28, 2003, 05:01 PM
Jeez you guys.

You guys are like the gun version of SNLs "Your companies computer guy!"

Where computer guy is upgrading everyones email and deriding their lack of knowledge while doing it. He comes across one guy who pretty much knows how to do the upgrade except for one thing: "you dont DOWNLOAD your address book, you IMPORT it - DUH!!!"

Most non gun people call magazines clips. There are plenty of good things to complain about them doing, but when this is the worst of it, it will be a bright day for certain.

El Tejon
March 28, 2003, 05:16 PM
Psssst, Pen, these "non-gun" types. They're in the U.S. Army!!!:what:

QuarterBoreGunner
March 28, 2003, 05:22 PM
Pendragon- I know, I know- it’s a very minor point, but for me it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard whenever I hear it.

Oh and skunk? I’m making ‘bangSPROINGGGG' part of my sig line, ‘cause it still kills me.

Kestryll
March 28, 2003, 05:52 PM
"If you see an M16, you will see a clip in it."

I had heard this quote yesterday attributed to Grey Doofus.

Snaps
March 30, 2003, 02:50 PM
damn, I've been saying clips for about the last 15 years, it's probably never changing. I called them clips when I was on active duty as a coach and it didn't change. As with other things, It's a word.

BerettaNut92
March 30, 2003, 06:52 PM
You guys are like the gun version of SNLs "Your companies computer guy!"

Just enter XX violator slash .....MOVVVVVVVE!!!!

Oh, so it's the computer that's stupid?? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "CA Nat. Guard using M16s with "clips"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!