Walther P22

PDA

DevLcL
September 27, 2005, 10:18 PM
Walther P22 3.4" barrel as a birthday present. Keep it and buy some 22LR or sell it and splurge on duct tape and visqueen?

Thanks for your thoughts.
-Dev

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pauli
September 27, 2005, 10:37 PM
that's a tough spot... you already have the gun, and it was a gift?

DevLcL
September 27, 2005, 10:40 PM
Well im on the California (anti-gun) 10 day waiting list.

<edited to add> I can still back out I think. It was around $305 plus tax. Is there something better for that price?

-Dev

Cortland
September 27, 2005, 10:40 PM
sell it and splurge on duct tape and visqueen?
Uhh ... that's kinda of a dated reference, isn't it?

Anyway, I would recommend shooting it. If you like it, then keep it. If you think you'd rather sell and spend the money on something else, then sell it and spend the money on something else. :confused:

pauli
September 27, 2005, 10:54 PM
if you can kill the deal and get something else, i would. you should be able to find a used mark II, a buckmark, a neos, or 75% of a trailside for that money, and in the long run, you'll be happier.

VARifleman
September 27, 2005, 11:47 PM
Is it the CA legal P22? Cause you have to neuter them for them to be legal. :cuss:

DevLcL
September 28, 2005, 02:31 PM
VAR, what do you mean neuter? I got it at a local police supply store so im sure it's legal, but now you've got me curious...

-Dev

rchernandez
September 28, 2005, 02:40 PM
The P22 barrel is threaded and provided with a protector cap. Where threaded barrels are not permitted, the pistols can be sold but with the caps permanently welded onto the barrel...thus the reference to "neutered"...

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!