Ruger and CZ no longer making DAO models?

PDA

jlh26oo
September 28, 2005, 06:25 AM
I guess the used ones are out there, but I have heard they have quit making the kp89DAO, and CZ doesn't even have the 75DAO listed on their site any longer.

Who else makes a full size, preferably all steel 9mm that is double action every time you pull the trigger?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger and CZ no longer making DAO models?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KONY
September 28, 2005, 09:03 AM
I know the FN DAO Hi-Powers fit the bill. CDNN sells them.

Buck Nekkid
September 28, 2005, 05:30 PM
Well Pardner, CZ does make a DAO, only it's in polymer. The CZ 100 is considered to be one of the finest handling DAO's out there. Ergonomically pleasing to the hand and very pleasing to the pocketbook!

Buck Nekkid

mons meg
September 28, 2005, 05:39 PM
I'm sure if you wanted a model 75 DAO, they could arrange that for you through the gunsmith.

jlh26oo
September 30, 2005, 05:51 AM
YEah I just got an email back from them, they said "we are no longer importing that pistol" (CZ75DAO).

I guess a SIG's DAK models are DAO. JUst expensive as hell. That's what I liked about the P89 DAO. No safeties, no decocker, no plastic, and cheap as hell. Not much of a demand for that though. If it is DAO, it generally has a polymer frame.

Is this what you were talking about KONY? http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=37993191

Guess they are not on their site anymore.
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/hg_hpsfs.htm That must have some type of decocker if it fires from single action

railroader
September 30, 2005, 12:33 PM
Download Cdnn's catalog. They always seem to have DAO pistols. I just looked real quick and they had walther p99 DAO for $339 and FN hipowers DAO for $279. They also have smith & wesson 40 cal police trade ins with night sights for $269. Mark

KONY
September 30, 2005, 09:36 PM
Is this what you were talking about KONY?

Yup! But see CDNN (as per railroader's suggestion) for a reasonable price. :cool:

Dollar An Hour
October 1, 2005, 03:32 AM
How about the Kahr T-5? It's all steel and DAO every shot. :cool:

jlh26oo
October 1, 2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I just recently discovered the T9. Wish it was full size, but otherwise it is the EXACT setup I am looking for. Beautiful too. No safeties, switches, decockers, etc, DAO, all steel. I guess it's big for a kahr, but still less than an inch wide.

Didn't have much luck on cdnn yet, but so far I've only used the search feature. Haven't downloaded the catalog yet.

Kamicosmos
October 1, 2005, 05:40 PM
CDNN Doesn't advertise the guns on the website, you have to download the catalog...

SouthpawShootr
October 1, 2005, 05:44 PM
Well Pardner, CZ does make a DAO, only it's in polymer. The CZ 100 is considered to be one of the finest handling DAO's out there. Ergonomically pleasing to the hand and very pleasing to the pocketbook!

You're absolutely right on every point. I had one. An excellent gun. Accurate, reliable, and probably the heaviest trigger since the AMT DAO Backup series. :what: I never could find a trigger pull; gauge with settings heavy enough to meaure it. You can master the trigger, but I never enjoyed shooting it and I saw something else I like better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger and CZ no longer making DAO models?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!