Off topic topics?

PDA

JamisJockey
September 29, 2005, 10:38 AM
People constantly forget the rules around here. There is a seperate forum for off-topic stuff
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php

If you enjoyed reading about "Off topic topics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
20cows
September 29, 2005, 10:41 AM
Does this mean we can't talk about how much groceries cost on this forum? :neener:

JamisJockey
September 29, 2005, 10:43 AM
Not unless you're buying ammo with your grocery money.
Oh, and I guess my off-topic-topics post is off-topic....don'tcha love irony?
:cool:

Camp David
September 29, 2005, 10:50 AM
People constantly forget the rules around here. There is a seperate forum for off-topic stuff

I am a newbie... what is on-topic and off-topic? I read the rules and I see acres of gray area with no specific guidance????

GhostRider66
September 29, 2005, 10:52 AM
I have posted a couple of things that got closed as being off topic because they were not firearms related. They were however arms related and probably should have been posted in the non-firearms section of THR. Good thing to look out for.

JamisJockey
September 29, 2005, 10:52 AM
On topic should have some reasonable reference to guns or the shooting sports, or be obviously related to either. Recent off topic stuff includes a post on giving kids sports cars and photos of Texas aggies putting plywood on the wrong side of the windows.

20cows
September 29, 2005, 10:53 AM
If it's not about firearms, 2nd amendment issues, nor self defense, this isn't the place.

GhostRider66
September 29, 2005, 11:08 AM
I don't really see how this thread is firearms related...seems to me to be more about topics. :rolleyes:

Blue Jays
September 29, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hi JamisJockey-

Complete with a link to a different forum other than THR.org?

~ Blue Jays ~

thumbody
September 29, 2005, 11:23 AM
Blue Jay
Oleg createrd the armedpolitesociety as a sister forum so that we would have a place to discuss topics other than firearms.It is not as tightly moderated as THR

torpid
September 29, 2005, 11:32 AM
:mad:

:neener:

pax
September 29, 2005, 12:07 PM
Good reminder. But ...

Off Topic.

;)

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Off topic topics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!