FTF what that mean

PDA

poperb
September 29, 2005, 01:41 PM
So stupid question again, what FTF mean? Its used in the trading, new member still learning

If you enjoyed reading about "FTF what that mean" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Firethorn
September 29, 2005, 01:43 PM
Failure to Feed, I think.

It's when the weapon manages to shoot just fine, but fails to cycle back into battery for the next shot.

Or it could be Failure to Fire, which is more serious...

boofus
September 29, 2005, 01:43 PM
Face to Face transaction for selling, buying, trading.

Otherwise it could mean Failure to Feed or Failure to Fire if someone is griping about a certain gun.

absolute0
September 29, 2005, 01:44 PM
Asking questions is how one learns.. :)

FTF is shorthand for "Face to Face" for an in person trade or sale.

poperb
September 29, 2005, 01:46 PM
thanks

Jim K
September 29, 2005, 08:55 PM
When talking about a gun problem, I wish people would spell out "FTF" and "FTE". "FTF" can mean both Failure to Feed and Failure to Fire, obviously two entirely different conditions. Likewise, "FTE" can mean both Failure to Extract and Failure to Eject. So, if you are asking for help in solving a problem, please save some time and frustration by spelling out the trouble. Using abbreviations may seem "cool" and part of being "in", but sometimes it is just plain dumb.

Jim

Rich K
September 29, 2005, 11:08 PM
And,as my Uncle always says,"The only dumb question is the one you don't ask,and by then it's too late."

Justin
September 29, 2005, 11:32 PM
You might find this of some use:

List of useful acronyms (http://thehighroad.org/library/acro/acron.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "FTF what that mean" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!