Glock 36 owners

PDA

USPCompact45
September 29, 2005, 04:11 PM
I have a question about those who own the new g36. I have fired one at the range and already made a deposit for a new one. However, when I looked at the frame, it didn't look like all the other glocks.

Here is a picture of the current g30 that I took from a another member:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/IMG_4116sm.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/IMG_4092sm.jpg

Does the new g36 have this frame? Do the g26,g27 have them? Thanks.

I'm 5'8 and 175, do any of you that are my size have a problem concealing? Thanks.

Update:

I just contacted glock and they said that the H-serial numbers have them. Can anyone confirm this?

I checked one out at a dealer and it had H-serial numbers but it didn't have the cutout where the serial plate is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bill c
September 29, 2005, 05:55 PM
Just picked up a new (GWB) P36 the other day and the inside does not look like that. Just a couple little indents on the inside and the number plate on the outside.

Havent even fired a round yet but its my first Glock (1911 guy) and I kind of like it, bought it just for CCW. I'm 6'3" and 220lbs and I will have no problem hiding it, going to put a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend and see how much I like it then..

weedsnager
September 30, 2005, 09:25 AM
any 36 owners install a extended slide release lever? i've read people have had problems with the 36 and the extended slide release lever.

denfoote
October 1, 2005, 12:11 AM
any 36 owners install a extended slide release lever? I've read people have had problems with the 36 and the extended slide release lever.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT install the extended slide release!!

It will turn your G36 into a plastic paper weight!!! :eek:

I made that mistake and turned a perfectly good weapon into a jam-o-matic!! As soon as I switched it out for the stock part, my problems disappeared!!

Here's a shot of my G36 nestled in it's Galco PH286 pocket holster.

http://usera.imagecave.com/denfoote/G36rig2.jpg

Yes Virginia, you can pocket carry the G36!!! :evil:

TexAg
October 1, 2005, 12:31 AM
I believe all the newer Glocks now have the "picture frame" mounted serial number plate (from the outside it looks a bit like a picture frame).
No, I would not install an extended slide stop on the 36. The frame is thin and that extended stop will just stick out too far. If you like to release the slide using the slide stop you can do it just fine with the stock one. It was hard at first on my gun, but it got much easier after a hundred rounds or so. Great gun though, very accurate and easy to conceal.

ChickenHawk
October 1, 2005, 02:10 PM
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT install the extended slide release!! It will turn your G36 into a plastic paper weight!!! That's because the one you tried wasn't made for the G36!

BTW - It's a slide-stop-lever, not a slide release, though. :)

The 'stock' extended slide stop lever can't be used in the G36. Installing one will make your gun slide lock after every shot. I guess you noticed that.

There are Extended Slide Stop Levers made for the G36, though.

As to the 'stick out too far' argument. That's entirely in the eye of the beholder. I'd say it's mostly a function of how the gun fits in your holster.

Cheers!
ChickenHawk

denfoote
October 1, 2005, 08:14 PM
There are Extended Slide Stop Levers made for the G36, though.

They did not exist when I bought mine!!

SAWBONES
October 1, 2005, 09:10 PM
"There are Extended Slide Stop Levers made for the G36, though."

Oh yeah? Post a link to one made specifically for the G36. Go on!
There aren't any. You can modify existing extended ones from Glock or Aro-Tek, but no ready-made atermarket slide stop lever for the G36 exists.

I recommend the G36 for a CCW gun.
I have two, I like 'em so much.

TIMC
October 1, 2005, 11:09 PM
Here is some info on a recall for you Glock 36 owners. Check your serial numbers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/Glockrecallletter.jpg

ChickenHawk
October 2, 2005, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah? Post a link to one made specifically for the G36. Go on! There aren't any. You can modify existing extended ones from Glock or Aro-Tek, but no ready-made atermarket slide stop lever for the G36 exists.I just ordered one from Aro-Tek. They sell it as a G36 slide stop extender. I don't have it yet so won't make up any stories, but Aro-Tek has a decent reputation. Sounds like an after-market slide stop to me. :neener:

It's not cheap though! Check for yourself, part number 236-1003.

Aro-Tek price list (http://www.arotek.com/NewPriceList.htm)

I have read in a thread on glocktalk.com that these work great. The only complaint is that they don't come with the spring attached, so you have to use the one off of the stock slide stop you'll be removing.

ChickenHawk

SAWBONES
October 2, 2005, 01:52 PM
Looks like ya got me there, Chicken Hawk!
Mea Culpa! I recant. ;)

These weren't available last time I checked Aro-Tek's site, so they must be pretty new.

Too bad you still have to do the spring switch-out (as described in the Complete Glock Reference Guide), but at least you don't have to modify the part itself anymore.

If you try one, please post about it.
I rarely use this lever to drop the slide, preferring the overhand-grab-retract method instead with Glocks, but if it adds functionality without sticking out to the side too much, it may be worth considering.

ChickenHawk
October 3, 2005, 12:57 AM
You bet. I'll post a thread about it after I make a range trip with it.

I'll put 2-300 rounds through, and if it works as expected that'll be proof enough for me. I shoot at least 100 rounds per week with my G36 anyway since it's my carry gun.

I don't have very good hand dexterity due to an injury, so using the the slide stop lever to release the slide is really the only way I can do it. I've been searching for one for my G36, so I'm anxious to give this thing a try.

Cheers,
ChickenHawk

smittywee
March 31, 2008, 10:10 PM
HOWDY! Smitty here. You can MODIFY THE PART YOURSELF (not recommended) or buy one from Glockmeister fro $22, or from TEAM GLOCK for $15 (see my number below)
GLOCKMEISTER SITE'S LINK: http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=270
CALL us EASTERN TIMES 516-220-8388 Although there is some HAND MODIFYING...we cannot charge more than $15 and feel good about it, so we don't.
If you have more than ONE GLOCK..and compare the 36 SLIDE STOP LEVER with the others..you can ALMOST SEE where the Dremel will be removing metal to make it work.
AGAIN: THE BEST THERE IS IS A MODIFIED GLOCK FACTORY PART since "MOTHER GLOCK" isn't making this option.

If I told you which part we use for the EXT MAG CATCH...you would ALL SCREAM "FOUL".;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!