Heavy Duty Recoil Springs

PDA

kokapelli
September 29, 2005, 05:47 PM
I feel that the P-3AT needs stronger recoil springs for ammo like the hot Santa Barbara ammo from Spain, so I emailed the Wolff Spring co.

Even though they have a contact link on their website, I guess Wolff springs does not respond to emails or just really doesn't give a s__t about individual customers!

I emailed them last week inquiring about recoil springs for the P-3AT and did not get a response and this is the second time this has happened.

Does anyone know if there is another spring manufacturing company that might supply recoil springs?

If you enjoyed reading about "Heavy Duty Recoil Springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HSMITH
September 30, 2005, 12:33 AM
Try ISMI, they make MUCH better springs than Wolf. I don't know if they have what you need, but keep them in mind.

Jamie B
October 1, 2005, 09:28 AM
I emailed Wolff late last Friday, and had an answer the following Monday.
Why don't you call them?

jamie

kokapelli
October 1, 2005, 10:03 AM
HSMITH, thanks, but IMSI deos not make springs for KelTec. I'll keep their information for the future.

JamieB, I sent another email with a copy of my post and than did get a response.

It's interesting that Wolff makes recoil springs for pistols like the Nambu (how many of them are still atound), but does not make springs for the P-3AT that is being produced at a rate of 1000 per week!!

Jamie B
October 1, 2005, 07:17 PM
kokapelli-

I emailed and received a response from tech@gunsprings.com, if that is different, but I bet that it is the same.

I searched, and could not find a source to help you, sorry!

Jamie

Crosshair
October 1, 2005, 07:36 PM
Good place to ask this question/ Is an extra power recoil spring (4 oz) a good idea for a 10/22? I am also going to add a buffer and a hammer. (to reduce trigger pull) Any input welcome.

HSMITH
October 1, 2005, 07:43 PM
No need for it on a 10-22, nor is it on most guns unless you are asking them to do something that is beyond the intention of the designer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heavy Duty Recoil Springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!