Best SKS stripper clips?

PDA

spartacus2002
September 29, 2005, 06:17 PM
Where are the best places to get good quality SKS stripper clips? I see Tapco has the 10rd ones; are they good quality?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best SKS stripper clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrTuffPaws
September 29, 2005, 06:43 PM
I have never heard of a bad SKS stripper clip.

cheaperthandirt has them cheap. You can also find surplus ammo that is already mounted on them too.

M-Rex
September 29, 2005, 06:47 PM
One of the tricks I heard of to make SKS stripper clips easy to use is to put them into a standard brass tumbler for a while, until they are a little shiney, to smooth them out.

MrTuffPaws
September 29, 2005, 06:57 PM
^^^^^

That or just clean the cosmo off of them. :D

After cleaning them, I very lightly wipe them with CLP and no issues.

No the Mosin-Nagant clips, that is another story.

DMK
September 29, 2005, 07:21 PM
Actually, the blued ones are much easier to strip than the parkerized ones.

I got a bunch of blued ones cheap from www.cdnninvestments.com (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sks76stcl20p.html).

GunnySkox
September 29, 2005, 10:13 PM
I did some Google searching for SKS Strippers (heh), and the best price I found was here:
http://www.thecountryshed.com/sks_accessories.htm
Anybody know anythin' about them?

20 clips for $5.50
100 for 25 bucks
500 for 110 bucks

~GnSx

Moonclip
September 30, 2005, 02:55 AM
Almost all I ever see is Chinese ones and a few that came with Yugo ammo already on them. They all seem to work but my friend reported rough loading/unloading with Olympic brand ammo. No surprise there though. Rims were probably out of spec slightly.

RTFM
September 30, 2005, 09:35 AM
Purchase all of mine (200 or so in a bag) from a local pawn shop.
No issues.

Lonestar.45
September 30, 2005, 12:36 PM
I got some from Tapco, and they work fine. I also have picked up a few dozen from gunshows, which worked.

That said, yes, there are some that are bad. Out of every 20, I'll usually find one or two, maybe 3 that just don't want to feed right, that hang up the rounds and are difficult. I usually set those aside, and keep using the ones that are good. There's no way to avoid it--some will work better than others, just weed out the bad ones and keep buying (they're pretty cheap to begin with).

If you enjoyed reading about "Best SKS stripper clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!