Got my CHL today!

PDA

deker
September 29, 2005, 07:38 PM
So it'd been about 3 weeks since my application went in, so I stopped by the courthouse and got my little, laminated, piece of freedom. 'Course I haven't left the house again yet, and the budget I expected to have for a carry piece got eaten by moving recently, but my b-day is next week...who knows what could happen... ;)

I do have a gov't sized 1911 and a Sparks SS2 for it which will certainly do for a while, but if it'll be for any real length of time there's a few sharp corners that need to be rounded off.

Any suggestions from folks here for good pawn shops or gun shops in the York County PA area where a guy could get a good deal on a small wheel gun to tide him over? Also taking suggestions for decent ranges or gun clubs in the area (especially ones that have some personal defense training. York County doesn't require any training, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get some...regularly).

Now, can somebody fill me in on why WallyWorld is supposed to be the first place I go carrying? :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share,

-d

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my CHL today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rms/pa
September 29, 2005, 07:46 PM
welcome..... as you have found out , pawn shops are thin on the ground in PA.
i highly reccomend the west shore sportmans association. for classes,training and just some nice times. the apps are on the gate and membership is only 50-100$ per year. come on up to classic firearms in lemoyne.

feel free to pm me for directions if neccesary.

rms/pa

ShackleMeNot
September 29, 2005, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of concealed carry. Carrying a gun is a comfort as well as an awesome responsibility.

You've got the right attitude about training. Make it a top priority!

Be safe.

Standing Wolf
September 29, 2005, 09:01 PM
Good for you!

I hope you'll carry always and need it never.

michiganfan
September 29, 2005, 09:03 PM
Congrats on your permit.

goose
September 29, 2005, 09:56 PM
HOO-RAY for you Deker !

HighVelocity
September 29, 2005, 09:57 PM
Congrats! now gear up and go to Wally World for ammo. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my CHL today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!