1911 Guru's please help.

PDA

ddj8052
September 29, 2005, 11:57 PM
My freind is an amature gun smith (I know, I know ;) ) and he has a Armscor officers size 1911 (I Know, I know) that he likes to try to work on. Up until now he has done some nice things with the gun ( nice finish, great trigger job originally, all new Wilson internals, etc) now he had some problems with a new Wilson trigger so he reinstalled the previous one back into the gun.

Now the gun is having the strangest problem I have ever seen. After firing a round the gun will fire and feed like normal. The hammer is back and every thing appears normal, But when you go to pull the trigger it remains frozen. It will not move at all. You eject the magazine, Manually eject the round form the gun, reinsert the magazine, and the gun will fire again. But the next round the gun will be frozen again. Does any one have any ideas? I would really like to find out anything at all about thee problem. Now in his defense he normally does great work. He has created the very best trigger on my 10/22 that I have ever used. But this 1911 is simply giving him tons of problems. Again thanks for any help.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Guru's please help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
September 30, 2005, 12:09 AM
I'm not a 1911 guru, but I'll try to help. It sounds like the trigger bow is hanging up on the magazine in some fashion. It'd probably be easiest to troubleshoot by taking the slide assy off the pistol and working the lockwork while watching things down thru the top of the magwell.

Tejas Gunwerks
September 30, 2005, 12:58 AM
Check the disconnector to see if it is functioning properly. If your friend lightened the trigger pull he possibly bent the sear spring to far which pushes the disconnector up into the diconnector recess on the bottom of the slide. Take the slide off and manually push the disconnector down and release it, it should pop back up. Make sure the slide is moving all the way forward into battery. Possibly the grip safety is still engaging the trigger. It might not be fit properly or under the recoil of the first fired round you are changing your grip.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Guru's please help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!