New addition to the family....Pics.

PDA

BBBS
September 30, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm so proud to have a new addition to the family, although it was born after me, I think, it's new to me. S&W 57 SERIAL #S2382XX Anyone know the year? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "New addition to the family....Pics." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
September 30, 2005, 04:42 PM
Your "New Addition" was born in 1964. Looks like a very nice outfit. :D

BBBS
September 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks Old Fuff, I went to buy a box of ammo and it was $35.00 Guess I will try to pick up some at the gunshow this weekend. Hope it shoots well.

Old Fuff
September 30, 2005, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately .41 Magnum ammunition usually is expensive because of relatively little demand. The best answer is to reload the cartridges if you plan to shoot very much. While at the gun show also look for a set of discounted loading dies. ;)

Standing Wolf
September 30, 2005, 10:31 PM
While at the gun show also look for a set of discounted loading dies.

Not to mention brass and bullets. Primers and powders aren't hard to find, but brass and bullets can be bothersome to locate.

Gunrnr
October 1, 2005, 01:31 AM
My "family" includes 2 Mod 57s, a Taurus .41 snubbie, and 2 Marlin 1894s in .41 Mag. If you need reloading info or any other help in feeding the new, 41-yr-old "baby", just drop an email to me at: gunrnr@hotmail.com.

I've had no prob getting either brass or bullets. All the biggies carry them (I'd start with Midway). But now things are even better because Cast Performance and other have helped realize the true potential of the .41 Mag with their heavy bullets (240, 255, 265, and 300 gr.). So I load 170gr for the little Taurus and up to 265 for the rifles. All kinds of potential...FINALLY!

And congratulations! Your baby is beautiful!!!

Rick
The Gunrunner

Rich K
October 1, 2005, 03:06 AM
Congrats to you also.My little "Family" consists of 4 Mod 25's,all in 45 colt,and a Mod 27-2,5" barrel.Not a big Family,but I love em'just the same. :D

BBBS
October 1, 2005, 11:48 AM
Well went to the show in Niles today to pick up some 41 mag. ammo and ended up with the ammo and a S&W 696 in 44 special too. Man is that a nice handling gun. 3 in. barrel is sweet.

pezo
October 1, 2005, 01:43 PM
It's cool how those firearms would come in kit boxes like that back in the days of workmanship and pride. :rolleyes:

caz223
October 1, 2005, 02:40 PM
After you shoot that .41, you will never want to go back to underpowered small bore stuff again.

The .41 magnum is nature's way of telling you it's time to learn to reload.
Best.
Caliber.
Ever.

If you enjoyed reading about "New addition to the family....Pics." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!