.22 revolver snap caps?

PDA

Oldnamvet
September 30, 2005, 10:16 PM
Is there such a thing? I like to dry fire when I can't get to the range. Keeps my arthritic hands loose. What can I use for my S&W .22? Fired shell casings? Something else?

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 revolver snap caps?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
September 30, 2005, 10:21 PM
Yep. I have some. They haven't held up very well, because they're made of cheap plastic.

One of my fellow bullseye shooters has found that plastic screw anchors the right size do a fine job, and cost almost nothing. Take a fired .22 round to your hardware store and match its size to screw anchors.

Ohen Cepel
September 30, 2005, 10:36 PM
The ones I have seen are also plastic. The plastic screw anchors seem to be a good idea and much cheaper.

I have often spun expended rounds around and used them in a revolver. Works fine for the weapon. However, safety concerns bump up.

Oldnamvet
September 30, 2005, 10:44 PM
Plastic screw anchors. Good idea. Would never have thought of that. I'll take a trip down to ACE tomorrow.

bakert
October 3, 2005, 10:11 PM
Plastic screw anchors!! Now that's a good idea. Gonna stop by Home Depot in the morning.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 revolver snap caps?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!