ID movie gun

PDA

Justang
October 1, 2005, 05:34 AM
In "Training Day" Denzel Washington has two guns. What are they? Look like Beretta's to me, but the barrel is huge. Looks like a .45.

Anybody know? Or are they just fake?

If you enjoyed reading about "ID movie gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Arch
October 1, 2005, 05:35 AM
Smith and Wesson 945

Justang
October 1, 2005, 05:41 AM
SUH-WEET!

Thanks for the fast reply.

Arch
October 1, 2005, 06:08 AM
No Worries.

That scene where he bashes the muzzels of the two pistols together always makes me cringe though.

kahr404life
October 1, 2005, 06:13 AM
I have the movie and the weapons are S&W 4506's. I was issued that exact weapon by a department I used to work for. The 4506 has a five inch barrel, novak site (S&W licensed), double action, with a 8 round mag. It is a large, heavy, and accurate. It looks like a 945 but it is not.

jeff-10
October 1, 2005, 06:44 AM
Yeah I kind of thought it was the 4506 also. Or maybe the 645.

Moonclip
October 3, 2005, 04:57 PM
He also uses a Glock of some sort toward the end of the movie and some sort of pump shotgun(Moss 590?) Guns are definately 4506's it seems.

Anyone notice the shootout scene in the projects in daytime was kind of ok? Use of real cover by the gangsters(thick tree, the skinnier dude) and one gangster seems to be using a weaver stance when shooting! ( heavier guy w/o shirt in beginning shots)

If you enjoyed reading about "ID movie gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!