Fantabulous Day at Work

PDA

Dionysusigma
October 1, 2005, 09:03 PM
Well, today was my first day at Outdoor America. Needless to say, it was overwhelming, exciting, and fun all at the same time. :)

Spent the first hour/ hour+1/2 learning what to do with all the forms and such, what to check on the 4473 and all. Learned (and experienced) a lot of store policy, and had a heckuva lot of fun.

Ended up selling a Glock G17 + Streamlight M3, a Kimber Custom Target II, a Benelli Legacy 20ga w/ a 24" bbl, a Ruger Blackhawk (I think... I was dismissed to go to lunch in the middle of the sale) and various accessories. Not too bad for a first day, I guess.

Felt like I clocked in at 9:30, worked 45min, took lunch for a half hour, worked another 10min, and then we closed the store at 5:00. Needless to say, I've never enjoyed a job quite as much as this. :o

Just thought I'd tell someone before I explode from excitement. :D Never thought my first professional gun sale would be a Glock, though. :scrutiny: :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Fantabulous Day at Work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XLMiguel
October 1, 2005, 09:28 PM
Glad you're having fun. "Work' is a good thing when the time flies, hopefully, you won't get burned out on the Gomers and routine BS. It's a great opportunity to provide good service, share some knowledge, and make people happy. Illegitimi non carborumdum :evil:

Standing Wolf
October 1, 2005, 10:09 PM
If it's not fun, you're in the wrong job.

Well done!

Freeze N
October 1, 2005, 10:41 PM
I have been in that store many times and bought googles of stuff. Im in Montana now and dang I miss that store.

Ala Dan
October 1, 2005, 10:52 PM
Congrats on the great day at work; but I'm afraid that as time goes on
you will see the thrills and excitement vanish. :uhoh: Dealing with John
Q. Public does have its thrills and excitement; but also may have lots
of challenges. I wish the best for you, with continued success. Enjoy :D

HSMITH
October 2, 2005, 11:29 AM
There will be customers that are conducting their own colonoscopy while in the gunshop, but the average customer should be a pleasant experience.

I too like dealing with customers and helping them find what they want.

SpookyPistolero
October 2, 2005, 12:14 PM
I'm very, very jealous. Congrats!

If you enjoyed reading about "Fantabulous Day at Work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!