Riot Control Grenade?!?!

PDA

Sactown
October 1, 2005, 11:48 PM
So I sat through the Longest Yard remake with Adam Sandler. In the movie there was a fight in the cafeteria so one of the guards throws a riot control grenade into the crowd. The grenade basically blows up and shoots rubber balls all over the place. The directors commentary says they're actually used in prisons?!?! Any one comment? I find it hard to believe that you'd throw something like that into a crowd and risk maiming and injuring folks, even if they're prisoners.

If you enjoyed reading about "Riot Control Grenade?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Rex
October 1, 2005, 11:54 PM
We used them in the jail I used to work at. They're called 'Stingballs'. They use a relatively small explosive charge to hurl rubber pellets all over the inside of a tank. They're very effective and are considered non-lethal.

We tested them. Trust me. There is no where you can be in a tank where you will not get pelted. They are fantastic.

Nimitz
October 2, 2005, 12:06 AM
here...

http://www.less-lethal.com/92sestba.htm

http://www.less-lethal.com/prodimage/9590%20Sting%20Ball.jpg

Chad

SpookyPistolero
October 2, 2005, 12:11 AM
Thats really cool. Was going to ask if anyone could buy them, but then actually went to the website and saw that they incorporate flashbang aspects.

These things (http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/grenade.htm) are pretty neat, too.

LawDog
October 2, 2005, 12:20 AM
Stingball grenades. Also comes in 12-gauge and 37mm versions.

You can also get a version of the stingball grenade that contains powdered capsicum along with the rubber balls.

LawDog

M-Rex
October 2, 2005, 01:18 AM
We had a couple of those too.

Also...my personal favorite...Jaycor Tactical Systems .68 caliber 'Pepperballs'. Imagine a paintball, only with a hard shell and powdered oleoresin capsicum inside.

Not really meant for shooting at people, but rather say, at a doorjamb just ouside a cell.

Nasty little buggers.

Thin Black Line
October 2, 2005, 03:06 AM
I have no problem with using sting nades on rioting prisoners. We
need a version that will work in mk19 grenade launchers. In fact,
I'd have no problem using them the next time people are running
around looting businesses and setting private homes on fire.

chopinbloc
October 2, 2005, 03:25 AM
aside from the oc grenade linked earlier, i wonder what kind of grenade type weapons are civilian legal. not that i have a need for anything like that but i do love my toys. :evil:

MAURICE
October 2, 2005, 03:36 AM
We dont have or use them at my unit, but ADC does use them.
I believe to purchase it has to be on letterhead with a intent of use letter filed with the feebs. Don't take my word for it though, just seems to be what I was told.

imas
October 2, 2005, 07:11 AM
those things are freakin expensive

armoredman
October 2, 2005, 10:35 AM
And boy do they work! Inmates HATE grenades, whether stingball, CS, or OC. One of our tactical team got zapped with a stingball accidentally in training - he said it felt like someone punched him HARD in the back.

20cows
October 3, 2005, 01:52 PM
You'll put your eye out!

Sam
October 3, 2005, 03:04 PM
I much prefer the M26 or M67's.
Much more effective and less expensive too.

Sam

Turtle Club
October 4, 2005, 08:43 AM
I work in a Maximim Security Juvenile Correctional Facility, I need to get one of those for when the little A** grabbers get into one of their all out cell block brawls. However, since the department of child services are such advocates for child safty, we dont even get batons or any self defence tools. Granted they are childeren but they are children that murder and rape women,ect. So I say treat them like the big boys even if they are just 15years old.

If you enjoyed reading about "Riot Control Grenade?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!