CCW problems

PDA

jsalcedo
March 28, 2003, 11:12 PM
I was out at dinner with the family tonight and had my Chuck Daly
compact .45 in my beltster just over my right rear pocket.

We sat down in those chairs that have the wooden slats in the back and the butt of my gun poked through the gap in the slats (still under my shirt).

I reached back and tried to dislodge it in a non-chalant manner
and it pulls loose out of the holster.

Finally, I'm able to get the gun untangled from my chair but now I have to find a way to get it back where it belongs in a crowded
restaurant.

Keeping the .45 under my shirt I scoot it around front where I can grab it and hold it flat against my body till I can get out to the car
and secure it.

The beltster and other MOB SOB holsters are great for comfort and concealment but I just realized one of the major drawbacks of that carry method.

My fobus paddle is going to see some more use after this incident.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SquirrelNuts
March 28, 2003, 11:18 PM
Good thing no one freaked out.

-SquirrelNuts

Double Naught Spy
March 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
What you described is a real problem with SOB type holsters. Along those same line is that they can be very uncomforable in hardbacked chairs. Also, there can be the clunk noise that accompanies such carry methods when you sit down and lean back into the hard back of a chair.

Steve in PA
March 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
Time for a holster with a thumb break???? :uhoh:

Greg L
March 28, 2003, 11:43 PM
Or the fun when you don't realize that the butt has caught on the back of the chair and it follows you when you stand up. :D

Greg

jsalcedo
March 28, 2003, 11:51 PM
[Or the fun when you don't realize that the butt has caught on the back of the chair and it follows you when you stand up. ]

LMAO! thats happened to me at the inlaws house I must have walked 3 steps before I realized that my .45 had gotten a few pounds heavier.

TarpleyG
March 29, 2003, 06:31 PM
I agree with Steve. I won't carry without a thumb break. Just another level of retention for those "oops!" moments like this.

GT

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!