Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Deslie Carbine?

PDA

WhiteKnight
October 4, 2005, 10:09 AM
In one of the primary scenes in the recent Mr. and Mrs. Smith , does the Columbian soldier prompt Mr. Smith (Brad Pitt) with a .45ACP fully suppressed Deslie carbine?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Deslie Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
simon
October 4, 2005, 11:18 AM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but do you mean De lisle's?
MAN woulds I like to have one of those!
www.valkyriearms.com

WhiteKnight
October 4, 2005, 02:05 PM
That's the one - sorry for the incorrect spelling. According to the website, only 167 of this model were actually produced. That would sort of make the movie a little farfetched were this gun to be included as a run-of-the-mill carry weapon by a random Columbian soldier.

October 4, 2005, 02:09 PM
Clones of these are being made by a number of people.
One of my friends has one.

As a side note, what is "fully suppressed" ? :)

harvester of sorrow
October 4, 2005, 05:07 PM
As a side note, what is "fully suppressed" ?

Duh, it's twice as much as "half suppressed." :D

WhiteKnight
October 4, 2005, 11:05 PM
One that is suppressed internally by a shroud enclosing a heavily ported barrel and followed by a baffled tube forward of the muzzle itself. At least that's how I've taken it to be defined.

trickyasafox
October 5, 2005, 11:47 AM
rumour has it you can barely hear the hammer fall on those suckers. they were original designed to take out german tank commanders i think. . .

svtruth
October 5, 2005, 12:02 PM
To the more knowledgeable; have not seen the film but is Mr. S lefthanded?
Ad in the newspaper showed him w gun in left hand, and left side ejection port.
Or did they just flop the negative for the symmetry?

Spiphel Rike
October 6, 2005, 07:21 AM
Very ironic that i was reading about the De lisle earlier today. These things seem really awesome, if only i lived in a country that believed in the RKBA.

Boom-stick
October 8, 2005, 07:00 AM
They are one of the few 'fun' firearms we can actually have here in the UK, just too expensive though for my taste.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Deslie Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!