Walther R99 (yes, they make a wheel gun)

PDA

Riktoven
October 4, 2005, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know if the Walther R99 is sold in the US at all? I've been looking around Michigan for a while, and no one has even heard of them.

If they aren't being imported, does that mean there's no way to legally obtain one here?

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther R99 (yes, they make a wheel gun)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pauli
October 4, 2005, 12:44 PM
from what i can dig up, looks like you could buy a model 66 and see if s&w can order you a set of wacky polymer grips from germany...

Shear_stress
October 4, 2005, 12:58 PM
From the Hungarian magazine article I saw on line, it seems to be a Smith and Wesson M19 with Walther's interchangeable back straps. Not sure of much else, as my grasp of Hungarian is about as strong as my grasp of quantum physics.

OH25shooter
October 5, 2005, 08:57 AM
If you ever find one here in the US of A please pass it along. I've run out of searching. Seems it's an overseas only model. :mad:

otomik
October 5, 2005, 01:51 PM
From the Hungarian magazine article I saw on line, it seems to be a Smith and Wesson M19 with Walther's interchangeable back straps. Not sure of much else, as my grasp of Hungarian is about as strong as my grasp of quantum physics.the writer of that article speaks english and occasionally posts here, his handle is gvass. small world

Dacos
October 6, 2005, 01:56 PM
I spoke to Earl about a year ago and he had a stainless R-99: carlwalther.com
The only problem is that Earl wanted $1350 for what was basically a S&W M19 w/3" barrel and yes, special grips. For that price one could buy a new M19, have a smith install a 3" barrel and put customized grips on the firearm (perhaps the same if S&W or Walther could import them). Hope this helps... Dacos

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther R99 (yes, they make a wheel gun)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!