gun culture movies?

PDA

mr_dove
October 4, 2005, 01:30 PM
There's a teen drama movie that came out a number of years ago called "Romeo + Juliet". One of the reasons that I like the movie is that the "gun culture" seems ingrained into their society. People open carry without getting funny looks and it is generally accepted.

There's a scene where they go into a pool club and there's a "gun check" just like some restaurants have a "coat check" area.

I guess stuff like this is common in old westerns. Everyone had a gun and nobody looked at you funny. You went everywhere with your gun and it was normal.

So, I'm curious what else is where there where the gun culture celebrated in the movies instead of vilified.

If you enjoyed reading about "gun culture movies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrTuffPaws
October 4, 2005, 02:05 PM
That reminds me that in a local steak house, there is a sign on the wall of the bar that says something akin to "Check all weapons at the bar" I think it is there for the old wild west ambeance of the place, but I would love to walk up there and lay down a handgun just to see what would happen. :evil:

As for "Romeo + Juliet" the director was making simularites between the movie and the way things were back then. All nobles wore a sword on thier hip.

nomadboi
October 4, 2005, 02:52 PM
They have something similar in the movie "Serenety", in theatres now. Also going for that 'old West' feel, but in a sci-fi setting. They have a sorta bus station locker type system; put your piece in, take out the little key tag and take it with you.

middy
October 4, 2005, 04:02 PM
Most everyone in the Star Wars movies has a blaster or a light saber.

grimlock
October 4, 2005, 04:04 PM
There's actually a sign at the front door of Brigade Quartermaster's Marietta store asking patrons to check concealed weapons at the door.

If you enjoyed reading about "gun culture movies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!