Is this a rare 629?

PDA

Fatelvis
October 4, 2005, 04:10 PM
I'm in the process of buying this 629-3 Classic Hunter w/ 4 position front sight, product code #103596. I can't find its value, (or even the model) in the 26th Blue book for guns, and none of my gun buddies ever heard of it. Can anyone tell me about its rarity/or lack of, and its approximate value? Thanks-

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a rare 629?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jet22
October 4, 2005, 04:38 PM
Produced 3/90 for "European Arms" for export. 500 produced. Supica's Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson puts a value of $750 NIB, $675 Exc. The Second edition of this book does not put a value on it. I like the adjustable front sight but don't like stainless or non-pinned guns (I know, catch 22). It would be a fun long range gun and I wouldn't kick it out of my safe. You will have to decide for yourself.

Fatelvis
October 4, 2005, 06:53 PM
Has anyone seen another one of these for sale... Anywhere? Id like to get another, and Im willing to pay what it takes. Thanks-

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a rare 629?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!