Muzzle brakes.

PDA

Slimjim
October 5, 2005, 09:58 PM
I need help chooseing a muzzle brake for my rifle. .300 win mag. Im looking at some of the brakes on brownells website, And i would like to hear others suggestions, im also looking at the armalite brake, and the JP brake. Or should i design something custom, although i dont know how well it would work. Opinions are welcomed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brakes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
October 6, 2005, 03:39 PM
I do a lot of long range shooting, including tactical-style rifle/sniper matches.

Most of the guys tend to have custom machined brakes, following the general style of the Miculek/JP brakes. This way they get them timed just right with no shims/washers, and can tune the ports until they are exactly neutral, not forward/back/up/down/left/right.

That said, if you already have a threaded muzzle and can't have one machined, I'd suggest looking at the JP Tank, JP BC, or MSTN QC comp.

TIMC
October 6, 2005, 10:39 PM
I have a couple of rifles with KDF brakes on them. Very nice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brakes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!