Own any guns you haven't yet shot?

PDA

hobbeeman
October 6, 2005, 01:33 AM
I was looking through my guns yesterday and picked one to go through and clean when I realized that I haven't even shot it yet. I purchased it probably 2-3 months ago, another 12g Remington model 11. I have been dove hunting and out busting clays but have always grabbed 2 or 3 other shotguns to use.

Is this a sign of being too busy? :uhoh:

Have you ever had this happen to you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Own any guns you haven't yet shot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mauserguy
October 6, 2005, 01:40 AM
I have a bunch of mil-surps that I have never fired, though mostly because they were redundant for that category in my collection, and I considered them more collectors than shooters. It also have a couple of guns I consider shooters, but I just don't like them as much as other pieces. For example, I have a snub nosed Smith and Wesson 357. I is very pretty and fast handling, but I just like it as much as my old, cheapie Spanish 45. It's just a feel sort of thing.
Mauserguy

mordecai
October 6, 2005, 01:42 AM
I have several ex-EuroMil handguns I've never fired. Nor my Luger.

Smokey Joe
October 6, 2005, 01:43 AM
Bought a Yugo M-48 with no stock, as a project gun. Haven't started the project. Obviously, haven't shot the rifle yet.

Have never fired my great-great-grandfather's Civil War rifle, and I don't suppose I ever will.

Aside from the above, I'm a shooter, not a collector.

No_Brakes23
October 6, 2005, 02:06 AM
Remington number 1 in 7mm. Can't find the ammo.
Remington number 1 in 43 Egyptian. Can't find the ammo
Remington number 1 in .50BP Don't shoot BP, just yet.
Poultney & Trimble Smith's Carbine in .50BP, see above.

Inversely, I have 5.56, .40S&W, and 8mm Mauser, yet I own no weapons that chamber them.

Gunpacker
October 6, 2005, 02:10 AM
I have duplicates of most of the surps I own. Got them because the first purchased was such a great shooter. Never know when you might need a spare. It just doesn't thrill me to take a gun out, shoot it and then put it away. I almost always stick to the one I have wrung out, so that I know I will enjoy my shooting. Also, if you have one that you know shoots well with one ammo, you can get a good feel for any new type of ammo you get. Thankfully, it is unlikely that neither I nor my family will ever lack for a great rifle to play with.

zastros
October 6, 2005, 03:14 AM
I have two. One is a early A-5 that a lady gave me in trade for some work on her house. I haven't finished the work so I don't feel that I should use the shotgun. The other is a SMLE that for some reason or other is just never the one that gets taken to the range.

zastros

Beav
October 6, 2005, 03:27 AM
Yes, sadly. I have 6 rifles I need to shoot.

Wags
October 6, 2005, 03:35 AM
Belgian Browning Superposed Lighting 20ga O/U. Walther P1 still in box.

Spreadfire Arms
October 6, 2005, 03:46 AM
i have a full auto AMD-65 in 7.62 x 39 and a full auto L1A1 in 7.62 NATO i havent shot myself (they have been shot, just not by me).

Johnny Guest
October 6, 2005, 03:53 AM
I have a Model 13 S&W I just bought this evening. I'll shoot it at first opportunity.

I have three long guns I have not fired and don't intend to - - Couple of Winchester model 94 commemeratives. I intend to give one to each son. Then there's a Win 1895 high grade in .30'06. I agreed to buy it sight unseen from a friend who needed to pay some medical bills. It turned out it was an unfired high grade model, with engraving and inlays. I see no point in reducing the value by about half, just to say I've shot it. One of these days, I'll get around to listing it on an auction board or something.

Last year, I swapped off two very nice, unfired vintage revolvers. I had no particular use for either one, and had only bought them to "save" them from a career as desk drawer guns. One was a 1950s Colt Official Police, and the other an S&W Model 12 Airweight four-inch, from the early 1960s. Both were new in box, with papers. I got tired of having these safe queens taking up space, so I swapped them to a dealer who handles a lot of collectables, for two handguns I use.

I like guns to take shooting.

Best,
Johnny

Moonclip
October 6, 2005, 06:13 AM
I have a Greek Mannlicher Schoenauer 1903/14 in 6.5ms I have not shot due to high price and scarcity of ammo. It has been shot before, barrel is dark and somewhat corroded :(

I have guns I rarely or no longer shoot due to having near identical guns that are easier to get or because the guns would be hard to replace in my area. I rarely shoot my S&W 625-2 MODEL OF 1988. Rarer and slightly different than model of 1989. I do not shoot my Chinese Makarov either anymore, pristine with original box, use my common Bulgarians usually, don't like to shoot my "hi cap" Russian Mak either.

I had a friend who unfortunately died recently. He was into guns a lot too but he would not buy anything even remotely "junky"(no Taurus, Spanish guns, ect.) unless close to free and would pick up some very nice pieces here and there.

Due to severe illnesses leading to his death, he was unable to go to the range much so he would sometimes have guns like a Kimber Gold Match that he would buy and not shoot for like 2 years sometimes! That would have bugged me a lot.

Dan0076
October 6, 2005, 06:31 AM
I bought an 870 express about 2 months ago and have yet to take it to the range. The range where I shoot makes you (if you're shooting shotguns) take the target out to 25yards. What's the use. I've yet to make it another range, but will soon.

Ala Dan
October 6, 2005, 08:10 AM
Yep, I got a wide variety of handguns I haven't shot; and this includes
my 2nd series (1947-1972) 2" nickel Colt Detective Special that is in
a solid 98%+ condition. :uhoh: U know what? I don't plan on shooting
it either~! :D

shooting time
October 6, 2005, 08:14 AM
I have a colt stainless gold cup,ruger security 6, beretta 92f, 92s,colt cobra, browning sweet 16, ithaca dsps,H&K 94,that have never been fired..I have been thinking about shooting the gold cup but every time i take it out and look at it I think it is too nice to shoot so I put it back in the box and back in the vault.

dpesec
October 6, 2005, 08:50 AM
Yes I have a few. I'm a collector and many of my collection will never be shot. It decreases the value.

ctdonath
October 6, 2005, 09:49 AM
Two Mosin-Nagants and a new Norinco SKS. Want to, but every time I take 'em to the range I play with the .308 & 9mm so much I never get to anything else.

TexasRifleman
October 6, 2005, 09:52 AM
It decreases the value.

A good friend of my father's was a chiropracter in West Texas, and had one of the 5 largest Smith and Wesson private collections when he died a few years ago. I asked him about this very thing and he told me that in nearly all cases, whether the item was fired a few times or not would not likely decrease the value since nearly everything made in the last 50-60 years is proof fired at the factory anyway.

So, it is highly unlikely any of us own anything "unfired" anyway, especially new stuff that probably even included a fired case in the box for the dot gov.

Even folks advertising revolvers that are "unturned" can't guarantee that since the factory likely verified function before shipping out.

Antiques possibly, but most modern firearms will have been fired at the factory at least once for proofing.

Now this is very unpopular opinion, and I'm sure everyone will be along to tell me how much it ruins the value of a weapon to fire it once, but I hold the opinion of this person in very high regard as a firearm collector.

Now in his case, strange as it seems, he didn't shoot most of his collection because he didn't like to shoot, he just liked Smiths.....he did let me shoot a few, but he just wasn't interested.

Personally I wouldn't own a firearm I couldn't shoot at least once.

Colt
October 6, 2005, 09:53 AM
A couple of Winchester commemoratives, and a mint Delta Elite that I can't quite bring myself to shoot.

If I don't find a 10mm shooter I like soon, it might get taken to the range. :D

m.i.sanders
October 6, 2005, 09:57 AM
I've got a 7.35 Carcano (non Fin marked :D ) that I haven't shot yet and that's because I haven't found any ammo. I'm in the process of getting everything I need to load my own, but even that's hard to come by.

Kramer Krazy
October 6, 2005, 10:18 AM
I have a Glock G26 that was finally picked up yesterday that will get fired by Saturday, but I also have not shot my CVA .50 BP Kentucky Rifle nor my Grandfather's Remington Model 552 (22 rifle). I've had both of those guns for at least four months, now.

SgtGunner
October 6, 2005, 10:23 AM
I bought a commander size Springfield WWII over a year ago and it has yet to be fired, jus thavnt gotten around to it I spose

dfaugh
October 6, 2005, 10:49 AM
I have a Yugo SKS that I have yet to fire...Appears unfired/unissued (although I'm sure it was test fired), there aren't even any dings in the stock...In short, its the most perfect one I've ever seen...Had it for 3 years, and have so far have resisted the urge, but suspect that sooner of later the itch will require scratching! :)

MikeIsaj
October 6, 2005, 11:12 AM
I have a fake M1 carbine that my father bought in 1968. It sat unfired for 36 years until he gave it to me. I fixed that problem the next day. By the way, 36 year old ammo does not perform well.

ZenMasterJG
October 6, 2005, 11:39 AM
I've got a Savage .222 I inherited from my grandfather that I haven't shot yet. Some slight rust on the barrel, so need to get it checked out by a smith. That, and in like 5 months of searching i've only found 100 rounds of .222 rem.

R.H. Lee
October 6, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yes. A Winchester Model of 1894 30-30 made in 1906.

pauli
October 6, 2005, 11:50 AM
i've yet to fire my nef 12ga, and i believe the previous owner never fired it... but it was fired at some point (presumably at the factory). i know, i cleaned it a few months ago... i guess the first time in over 15 years o_O

Carl N. Brown
October 6, 2005, 12:00 PM
I have never bought a gun I have not shot.
I would not buy a used gun that the owner
described as never been fired. I always
wonder why not?
I have two guns, a very old S&W and a
Forhand Wadsworth in .38 S&W that I
retired to a wall plaque with a repro of
the 1897 Sears and Robuck Department of
Revolvers page. Just too worn to be safe.
Otherwise I don't believe in owning guns I
do not shoot.

Black Dragon
October 6, 2005, 12:07 PM
I had a Marlin 45/70 Guide gun that has been sitting in my safe for two years
before I shot it. I had my Ruger 454 for 18 months before I shot it, and then
I only shot it once to get the feel of it. It took two more months before I
took it out and ran 24 rounds through it. My father in law has an AR that he
built but hasn't found the time to take it to the range to test fire it. It's been
in his safe for 4 years now.

USSR
October 6, 2005, 12:29 PM
Have a Smith-Corona 03-A3 that is in Mint, unfired condition. Since it has never been fired by anyone since being built in the 40's (it's still has cosmoline in the bolt), I don't have the heart to shoot it myself.

Don

johnmcl
October 6, 2005, 12:43 PM
I've just inherited several guns from my dad that made a stop for a couple of years at my sister's. (ugly story). I've shot half the guns now but unshot in the safe are a :

Pair of Model 12 shotties, 12 and her little sister, a 20.
1903 Springfield (low number)
Sporterized 30-40 Krag (whine!)
1903A3 Remington
LC Smith 12 shottie
222 Remington 700
Weird *ss BHP (some kind of sliding type sight)
Colt 1903 38 Spl.
M1897 16ga shottie

I'm whittling down the list every weekend, but some will never be shot.

John

hksw
October 6, 2005, 12:54 PM
Have a few. Some, I just hadn't gotten around to as my interest had shifted to some other shooting aspect. For the others, generally when I really like something enough, I try to get more as either backups or just to keep a sample in pristine condition. (This includes other stuff, not just firearms.)

Mr.None
October 6, 2005, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes:

ya.....

I was looking for something in the closet and i find a AK-47 taht i bought in Ukrain.

Im buing ammo for it and il go to the closest forest to test it.

No_Brakes23
October 6, 2005, 01:34 PM
870 express...out to 25yards.

The 28"VR barrel will still be on paper at 25 yards.

Slugs will probably still be in the black even with a bead sight.

I can't be too harsh, though. I bought my 870 in April of '01 and didn't get to the range with it until Feb '05

Fred Fuller
October 6, 2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah. One of these: http://www.capitolarms.com/ITEM432.htm .

Never will get shot either. My wife won it in a raffle (!).

lpl/nc

f4t9r
October 6, 2005, 02:28 PM
yes
Kinda sad , also have some that have not been shot in years

Red Tornado
October 6, 2005, 03:33 PM
I only buy 'em to shoot 'em, so I rarely have an unfired gun for more than a week. I currently have a Savage model 12 that I got last weekend at a gun show that I haven't fired, but I intend to shoot it this weekend.

Kramer, get that 552 out and shoot it. Those things are a blast.
RT

halvey
October 6, 2005, 04:08 PM
I had a friend who unfortunately died recently. He was into guns a lot too but he would not buy anything even remotely "junky"(no Taurus, Spanish guns, ect.) unless close to free and would pick up some very nice pieces here and there.

Due to severe illnesses leading to his death, he was unable to go to the range much so he would sometimes have guns like a Kimber Gold Match that he would buy and not shoot for like 2 years sometimes! That would have bugged me a lot. Was he from Minnesota by chance? Sounds like a guy I know of.

roo_ster
October 6, 2005, 04:20 PM
Two Brit Bangers:

Martini-Henry 577-450
Webley MK VI

I need to reload for both. I'm ready to reload for hte Webley. I will need more skill to reload for the M-H.

billwiese
October 6, 2005, 04:24 PM
Haven't scoped my M1a yet. Got it in 2000 right before my dad died, been shooting AR10, FAL clone and all my ARs instead.

Haven't shot my Rem 700PSS yet either, gotta get another scope for it (took its scope for another gun). Been shooting the 700LTR in its place.

Bill W.
San Jose, CA

ruger270man
October 6, 2005, 04:26 PM
I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster 20 gauge that I stole for $100, used, but in perfect shape. Thats really the only reason I bought it. I'm not a big shotgun guy, but hopefully I'll go shoot some clays with it one of these days. That gun I've had about a year, still haven't shot it.

Cowgunner
October 6, 2005, 04:27 PM
I got a Bushmaster AR-15 two eeks ago. I still haven't fired it yet.

MechAg94
October 6, 2005, 04:36 PM
I don't own anything I haven't shot. I don't have enough expendable money to buy duplicates and there is always something else out there I want.
I do have a few I haven't shot since the first time. Rare though.

Working Man
October 6, 2005, 04:53 PM
Bretta CX Storm in 9 mm I picked up a few weeks ago and
a Mateba .44 I just got yesterday.

eclipse1
October 6, 2005, 04:57 PM
I have never bought a gun I have not shot.
I would not buy a used gun that the owner
described as never been fired. I always
wonder why not?

my sentiments exactly, personally guns are tools, i wouldnt buy something that i would not use for its intended purpose

jefnvk
October 6, 2005, 04:59 PM
A Jap T38 training. Ammo is expensive, and the metal isn't in the best of shape. Bore is shot out and rough, hence it being a training rifle. Probably isn't unsafe to fire, but at the ammo prices and what wil probably be lackluster accuracy, I have no need to.

Essex County
October 6, 2005, 05:03 PM
I'm more concerned about the ones I haven't paid for!.....Essex

Zundfolge
October 6, 2005, 05:06 PM
I bought a VZ24 about a year ago and finaly got around to cleaning off the cosmoline last weekend ... probably won't shoot it for another couple of weeks at the soonest.

GunGoBoom
October 6, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yep. Surps and few others. Damn you, job! :cuss:

gulogulo1970
October 6, 2005, 05:26 PM
Springfield Armory M-1A "loaded" that "I just had to have" but two years later I've never taken it to the range.

I know, I know and I have no excuses, except when I go shooting it is always with something else that I really want to shoot.

MDHunter
October 6, 2005, 06:43 PM
A Ruger Model 77 in .338 Winchester Magnum, to be used for bear hunting in Alaska next year - got it two weeks ago, waiting for the weather to cool down before taking it to the range!

Buzztail
October 6, 2005, 07:12 PM
I have Weatherby rifles that I've owned for fifteen years that I've never fired. No reason other than I just like to look at 'em. I've no doubt any would shoot, but i don't need to shoot them to appreciate them. I'll buy guns sometimes and realize a year later that I have not fired them yet- does that make me odd?

redneck2
October 6, 2005, 07:31 PM
Funny...well, not "ha, ha" funny, just "odd" funny

when I was younger I could always seem to make the time but never had the guns or the money for ammo

Now I've got the guns, plenty of ammo, but never seem to make the time. Live on a lake and started to get backing into fishing. Work on the house a lot. Maybe when the house gets closer to done.

Kinda sad....a safe full of guns and maybe 5,000 rounds of loaded ammo

Worst part is, I still go to the gun shop to see if there's anything I "need"

Ben Shepherd
October 6, 2005, 07:37 PM
Exactly 1.
Most likely never will. It's just a showpiece that caught my eye. A little 22 mini mag belt buckle from Freedom Arms.

MDG1976
October 6, 2005, 08:20 PM
Yes!
I've owned a Beretta PX4 since 9-22 and I have yet to shoot it. That'll change on saturday. :D

Matthew748
October 6, 2005, 08:26 PM
Yes 3 of them. The first in an Enfield Mark 4. As soon as I got it all of the cheap .303 disappeared. Second is a Finnish 91/30. I got it more to just have it then to shoot it. The third is a Remington 870 HD shotgun. I just have not had the time to try it out yet.

TIMC
October 6, 2005, 10:36 PM
Several from left over inventory when I closed my gun shop. I'll get around to them one day.

Darkside852003
October 6, 2005, 10:44 PM
Australian Arms Enfeild M10-A2 7.62x39, I picked up new a few weeks ago and have yet to get a scope for it.

Mosin Nagant 44 that I bought a few months ago, and can't figure out why I bought it.

MountainPeak
October 6, 2005, 11:29 PM
Probably at least a 12-15. Want to make something out of that? I could lower the number by ONE!!! :D

SRFL
October 6, 2005, 11:33 PM
I have several guns I own that are yet unfired:

- Saiga 12 gauge shotgun,
- Ruger 10/22,
- Steyr M40 (safe queen),
- Steyr S40 (safe queen),
- Steyr M9 (safe queen), and
- Steyr S9 (you guessed, another safe queen).

hank327
October 7, 2005, 12:28 AM
I have a few that I have never shot. There is a Lee-Enfield #5 Jungle Carbine that I bought about 15 years ago. Then there is a Lee-Enfield #4 mark 2 rifle in unissued conditition. Worse of all is a M1A that I bought new right before the Clintion AWB that I have never fired.

No reason for not firing them other than I have more fun shooting my handguns. Also all my local ranges prohibit the use of FMJ in rifles. The nearest range that allows FMJ is quite a drive for me. I really need to take these three to the range and break them in.

gotbass
October 7, 2005, 12:30 AM
HK4 still in the wood presentation box in 380 also have the 22 set up for it. Some day I will let it go and pick up another 45 or another trap gun. :o

Zach S
October 7, 2005, 05:02 AM
One. A RRA AR15. I dont think it counts since I dont have an upper for it.

Most of mine are fired within a few hours of purchase. In most cases, I've fired them before they were paid off.

field70
October 7, 2005, 07:19 AM
I have a Ruger 10/22 that was given to me by the Widow of my best friend. He passed away in August of 2004...I have not fired it, and doubt that I ever will.

dodge
October 7, 2005, 08:18 AM
When I get a new gun it's usually shot within minutes of buying it. My favorite gunshop is about a 10 minute drive from my mother's where I have a 100 yard range set up. When I bought my Marlin guide gun I went to my mother's had wasn't able to shot the gun because it wouldn't feed and I was back into the store in less than a half hour and they fixed it on the spot. Then it was back to mom's to verify that it would actually feed and go bang when I pulled the trigger.

hso
October 7, 2005, 01:18 PM
Mauserwerks K98
6.5 Swede Mauser
Model 1 S&W
Colt 1903

DelayedReaction
October 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
I bought a Yugo SKS about six months ago, but there isn't anywhere to fire that's really close to here.

Chut1st
October 7, 2005, 09:07 PM
While my philosophy is to shoot any gun that I own, I do have a few that haven't been fired yet. A couple probably never will be, mainly because I admired the design and workmanship but they aren't in calibers that I usually shoot. Don't really care about shooting the Beretta in .40 S&W since I have several guns in 10mm Auto. And I bought a Henry Golden Boy at a FONRA auction but haven't shot any of my other .22 rimfires in years.

Now the Model 77 in .416 Rigby is another matter. I already had an H-S Precision in that caliber that is a literal blast to shoot but starting at about $5 a round for factory loads, it ain't cheap. Even reloading can get expensive for this monster. Gotta get around to working with the Ruger and it's iron sights since the scope on the H-S isn't ideal for close in critters that intend to cause serious bodily harm.

Hardtarget
October 7, 2005, 09:25 PM
...only two black powder pistols...then there is the SMLE I've only owned a short (2 months) while. In fact I only put it back together last night(10/6). I've got the components so it's just a matter of a little time at the bench and I'm good to go. Can't wait!
Mark.

nfl1990
October 10, 2005, 08:43 PM
Arisaka Type 38 long
My granpa brought it home from WWII.
I haven't shot because of the expense of the ammo. (6.5x50mm)

Sir Aardvark
October 11, 2005, 01:20 AM
I have 3 new in the box firearms that I have not yet shot.

Dave Markowitz
October 13, 2005, 10:09 AM
I have a Euroarms 1858 Remington replica that hasn't been out to the range yet. Everything else has been out at least once.

Edit: I also have an M1938 Mosin-Nagant that I got a few weeks ago but haven't shot yet.

ChickenHawk
October 13, 2005, 02:10 PM
How can this ever happen? ;)

Do you ever buy a new toy but not take it home and play with it immediately? I've never bought a new gun and not been on the range that (or the next) day! :)

Cheers!
ChickenHawk

Nail Shooter
October 14, 2005, 08:52 AM
Nope, always shoot 'em as fast as I can get to the range w/ a new one. In MI we have to register handguns. The range is on the way to the cop shop. Sometimes they are a little smoky w/ gun powder flakes falling on the desk at the cop shop by the time they get there to have the paper work done.:D

TrapdoorBilly
October 14, 2005, 09:15 AM
Remington number 1 in 7mm. Can't find the ammo.
Remington number 1 in 43 Egyptian. Can't find the ammo
Remington number 1 in .50BP Don't shoot BP, just yet.
Poultney & Trimble Smith's Carbine in .50BP, see above.

Inversely, I have 5.56, .40S&W, and 8mm Mauser, yet I own no weapons that chamber them.

If you want to shoot old REMI ROLLERS you better start reloading.i
That 7mm is a #5 in 7X57 Mauser. Specs have changed, while 7X57 is commercially available you should reload this one down a bit for the roller.

The 43 Egyptian and the 50BP (I think you mean .50-70 govt) are both BP cartridges. Dies, brass, and bullets available at Buffalo Arms. Make sure you are sitting down when you check out the 43 Egyptian stuff. :D

Now back to the original post. I have 2, a 43 Spanish Remington Carbine and a .45-70 Winchester Hotchkiss. Had both for years just haven't gotten around to it. Shoot both calibers in other guns

jamz
October 14, 2005, 09:27 AM
Like some above me here, most of my guns are shot the same day as purchase. In fact, pretty much all but one, which is my only unfired gun, an 1960 Colt Army repro. I got it in the middle of last winter, and the blackpowder range was shut down for the season. This summer, just been too busy, and besides, I bought some other cool guns that I wanted to shoot more. :D

-James

Texas9
October 14, 2005, 09:59 AM
Greetings to all! This is my first post, so forgive the greenhorn...

I have three guns I've yet to shoot. All are inherited.

The first is an old (kinda cheapy) Remington .22LR I've yet to even identify. It's a semi-auto with about a 7-round mag. This one from a grandmother's second husband.

The next two came from a WWII hero who was my grandfather. One is a '50s-vintage Sears & Roebuck 2 3/4" 12ga. pump (actually manufactured by JC Higgins, I believe) and the other is just to cool. It's a 1952 Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R, and it's a carbine (I'd sure like a rifle version, too). From what I've found, the Mosin has only been fired in proof. It still has the heavy grease on the bolt (there's a word for that if anyone knows). It's a really gorgeous gun.

I'm still not sure if I'll shoot the Mosin or not (I can get a new one for like $80). I'll definitely shoot the 12ga. as soon as I can get out to Fredricksburg, and the .22 will start going out there too, as soon as I have it checked out.

Red_SC
October 14, 2005, 11:11 AM
I have a Mosin I've had for 4 months or so that I haven't gotten any ammo for yet. I'm trying to fix that, though- I have a asked about some surplus ammo in the Rifles section, there should be some on order soon.

Texas9, describe that Remington .22. Somebody here might know what it is.

StopTheGrays
October 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
A couple of VZ-52s, an Enfield, MN 91/30 and a bulgie mak. I have the ammo but I just have not had the time to go to the range with them. When these guns were available I thought I better buy them now and have a chance to shoot them in the future rather than not being able to buy them at all in the future.

GunGoBoom
October 14, 2005, 12:32 PM
Hey SRFL, do you want to sell your Saiga-12?

bamawrx
October 14, 2005, 12:44 PM
Winchester 9422 trapper model with 16" barrel. Its a real beauty, so I'm having trouble taking it out to shoot.

deker
October 14, 2005, 01:03 PM
1903 dated M1898 Krag .30-40. Hopefully now that I've moved, I'll find a good club and have a range to try it out on :)

-d

Frandy
October 14, 2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, but that's only because I bought it Wednesday and don't get to the range until tomorrow! :neener:

Texas9
October 14, 2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Red SC.

It's a pretty plain-Jane Rem. It's been so long since I've even had it out, so I'm not TOO sure about the details, so I'll give it a whirl...

Short gun (about 3', give or take). Semi-auto with side eject. Bolt lever on the side. Magazine has a rail that slides into trigger guard. Magazine release is a little half-oval button INSIDE trigger guard (never seen that one before).

Looks like it'd be fun to shoot. If I can make sure it's in working order, I'll probably get another mag or two and carry it out with me when I've got the 12ga. or my 92 out.

SgtGunner
July 11, 2008, 04:10 AM
Here is how you revive an ANCIENT thread.
heh

I bought a commander size Springfield WWII over a year ago and it has yet to be fired, jus thavnt gotten around to it I spose

I was reading and this post got my attention, because the springer GI I referenced in this post from 06 october 2005 is still in my safe unfired, actually I think the slide has been "racked" a half dozen times at most.

Oh yea, I don't post alot...
Still read from time to time though.

MT GUNNY
July 11, 2008, 04:47 AM
yes
my .300 win mag
for four reasons.
1 No scope
2 No ammo
3 No bear to shoot at
4 Just to dam good looking
(Rem 700 LSS)

abrink
July 11, 2008, 05:22 AM
Well...Kind of. My dad recently got issued a duty weapon and he'll get fired if the gun gets shot. So technically no i don't own it...but it's just as torturous!

And this gun isn't the one on his belt. It's a gun he will be using in the future. It's a Beretta PX4 Storm .40 Cal.

Clipper
July 11, 2008, 07:38 AM
I've got a 12ga M-12, a Remington M-77 and a .243 NEF Handi Rifle to try, and I have new optics on a Savage 99, a WASR and a Hi-Point Carbine to zero. I'll have to zero my Mosin-Nagant project rifle when I get the scope mounted...

Zach S
July 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
Wow. Almost two years have gone buy and this thread is still kickin.

Anyway, I have two I haven't fired.

Oddly enough, one is an RRA lower. However, its not the same lower I mentioned in October of '05. I used that lower to build my 9mm carbine, and its been fired over 6000 times. The current unfired lower is a stripped one that was on order for six months. I got another to build the carbine I planned on, I'll probably use this RRA lower to host my rimfire upper.

The other is an AR45 lower. I generally don't like billet lowers, no real advantage to justify the addtional cost IMO. However this one had to be carved out of billet since a standard forging isn't wide enough to accept a grease gun magazine. So I have $425 invested an assembled lower (minus stock) that accepts unmodified grease gun mags, that I still don't have an upper or stock for. I probably could have finished it with the money I spent on my rimfire upper, but with the cost of ammo, the rimfire got bumped up on the list.

I don't own any completed firearms that haven't been fired. And just as in 10/05, I've fired some before they were paid for, since the dealer I normally buy from also has an indoor range.

esq_stu
July 11, 2008, 09:56 AM
Ruger 10/22 - bought new last fall, replaced trigger group and sights on the 4th of July; haven't tried it yet;

Ishapore Enfield 7.62 - bought as a project gun over a year ago, work still in progress

Zach S
July 11, 2008, 09:57 AM
My dad recently got issued a duty weapon and he'll get fired if the gun gets shot.
That's messed up.

MedWheeler
July 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, my first "handgun".. bought in late 1984 or early 1985. CVA/Remington .44 percussion revolver. Had every intention of eventually shooting it, but have never gotten around to it (as a sign of progress, I did go out last summer and buy the balls, caps, powder, etc. for it!)

Rokyudai
July 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
Let's see....
629-2 .44mag
Savage 30.06
Sig 556
Barrett .50BMG

...and I just died a little more inside for you reminding me. LOL

Pilot
July 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
I bought a 50th Anniversary Ruger MK II that I have kept unfired N.I.B. This may change soon as I just want to shoot the little bugger, although I have two other MK II's. Guns are made to shoot.

22-rimfire
July 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
Collector guns don't get shot.

I have a number of guns I intend to shoot and have not as of yet. The only gun that I have that I wonder why I have not shot it is my TC Omega rifle. Just never got around to it in the last year or so. Needless to say it is not a priority in my life.

rocinante
July 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
No. I am bidding on a Savage 1907 and if I win it I doubt I will shoot it. Nah I will have to see what it feels like.

I just think the little dude is such an aesthetically pleasing pistol and plus it has some historic first about it.

jaak
July 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
every gun but 2 that i own, have not been fired. my g27 and psl(thats a POS, and is being returned under warranty) all the others i havent fired yet. i probably wont fire the ak's, but the ruger .22 will see some use, when im ready.

Sun195
July 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
A 6.5 Carcano that I inherited from my grandfather. It sat up in his attic for most of my life. I finally found ammo for it, but haven't shot it. Not sure if I ever will.

gtmerkley
July 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
I've made some I dont fell save shooting. but have never bought one then not shot it.

BLC
July 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
I have a Remington 870 that is still in the box, I bought it about a month ago.

jamesb
July 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, a ruger 77 in HM2, but it is only because I got it on Tuesday and the wife won't let me shoot it in the house. It will be shot as soon a range opens up down at quantico.

EHCRain10
July 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
just the newest ones that havent made it to the range yet, longest ive had to gun without firing it is maybe a month

wyocarp
July 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
None that I've not meant to. Any gun I buy to use usually gets used within 30 minutes of getting it.

Old Grump
July 11, 2008, 02:27 PM
(2) double 12's with damascus barrels
(1) 25-20 that at this very moment is at the gunsmiths to have its front sight replaced. It won't get shot much though at 70 bucks for a box of 20 rounds.

tinygnat219
July 11, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yup, about 6.

bowl443
July 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
I inherited a Mossberg Model 800 .243 that I haven't got around to sighting in yet.

Have it for a couple of months...

col_tapiocca
July 11, 2008, 05:38 PM
Yes, my finnish Mosin Nagant M24, bought several months ago but never shoot it yet.
And last week a bought a bulgarian Mosin Nagant M38 and a very nice swedish Mauser, don't have time to shoot it yet.

Dravur
July 11, 2008, 06:07 PM
Sheesh, I have guns that I havent seen since I bought them. I find a gun somewhere and it is "Wow, when did I get that?"

Marlin
July 11, 2008, 06:14 PM
As a matter of fact i do,a Remington model 51 in 380.My older sister gave it to me about three years ago,some day when i have the time and place it will be a nice project to rework.:D

chubbmann
July 11, 2008, 06:18 PM
I have a Remington 870 Magnum Express that has never been shot. It was a gift from my father and still has that new gun smell. You know, no grease or oil just wood, and metal. I want to bring it out but it's not so easy to try it out in the city without paying out the nose.

ColinthePilot
July 11, 2008, 06:19 PM
I have an AR lower waiting for the rest of its parts... The gubmint thinks its a "gun." Does that count?

Seriously though, I have a side by side 12ga that needs some corroded barrel cut off before I shoot it, a breech action .22 rifle that needs a good clean up, and a tiny (both in size and caliber) revolver, looks kinda like an NAA Mini, that also needs a good clean up. The last 3 were all inherited in crappy condition.

mustang 22
July 11, 2008, 11:26 PM
Several. An unissued/unfired except factory proofing Persian Mauser that I don't intend to keep. I thought it would be more marketable in unfired condition. A CMP "select grade" M1 I got several years ago, I have others. A Colt diamond back 22 with a 4 in bbl. A Walther P1 nib. A Ruger mark II red logo, nib. Looks like I either need to spend some time at the range or rent a gun show table.:D

Frightener 88
July 11, 2008, 11:26 PM
DSA STG58 with an 18" barrel. I cant afford the ammo :-(

bigun15
July 11, 2008, 11:52 PM
I have a Mossberg 500 that I really want to take out and try but just haven't yet.

tn-dave
July 12, 2008, 01:06 AM
I have several Mil-Surps that I haven't shot yet even though I've bought several hundred rounds of each caliber.

The only one I may not eventualy shoot is a 1937 Nagant revolver that is like new.

Only have a couple of modern guns that haven't made it to the range. A Kel-Tec P-40(conversion) and a Ruger 10/22

DFW1911
July 12, 2008, 01:12 AM
Great question: I would guess that I've shot maybe 1/4 of my firearms, probably less.

There's no particular reason, it's just worked out that way. As my collection grew logistics, literally, became an issue.

bogie
July 12, 2008, 01:35 AM
Yup. Impulse-purchased a sxs 12 gauge Stevens... It's allegedly a "winning turkey shoot and hunting gun" and is painted camo. I may actually go to a turkey shoot sometime. But now it sits with a bandolier of 12 gauge #4 loads next to it in a corner...

Kenneth Lew
July 12, 2008, 04:46 AM
Smith Wesson 3000 pump shotgun, never fired, never racked for over 30 years.
Colt Police Positive, never fired for who knows how long.
HK P7M8.
Several other guns.

Not interested in shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Own any guns you haven't yet shot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!