Bush: God instructed me to strike at Saddam

PDA

Kurush
October 6, 2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=310788&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.
Well, uh, on one hand it would be nice to have an omniscient diety as a National Security Advisor; on the other hand it wouldn't be very nice to have a President who's delusional.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bush: God instructed me to strike at Saddam" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 01:01 PM
Bush isn't the only one claiming that the "war on terror" is a mission from God. Do a web search on general Boykin and you will find out why the Islamic populations of the world think they are on the bullet end of another crusade.

fourays2
October 6, 2005, 01:07 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...sID=0&listSrc=Y

Quote:
According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.

Well, uh, on one hand it would be nice to have an omniscient diety as a National Security Advisor; on the other hand it wouldn't be very nice to have a President who's delusional.

oh crap, I think I prefered the WoT when it was about oil.

longeyes
October 6, 2005, 01:11 PM
I, for one, wish God would leave a little more detailed and extensive battle plan.

Henry Bowman
October 6, 2005, 01:15 PM
Why should we believe what Abbas says?

Derek Zeanah
October 6, 2005, 01:21 PM
God, I hope not. Seeing the subject line literally gave me the shivers. :(

pcf
October 6, 2005, 01:24 PM
Slow down, read the article, where that paragraph came from is beyond me (i.e. why was it added to the end of the article). Read the editorials, another trustworthy, unbiased news source.

The media always tells the truth. The media is always honest. The media can always be trusted. Trust the media.

sarge83
October 6, 2005, 01:40 PM
This is old news. It ran last year. The liberals must be running short in their lunacy quota...

Preacherman
October 6, 2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, and the word of Mr. Abbas and his Palestinian Authority on anything under the sun is, of course, unimpeachable and unquestionably true...

:uhoh: :scrutiny: :rolleyes:

bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, and the word of Mr. Abbas and his Palestinian Authority on anything under the sun is, of course, unimpeachable and unquestionably true... What he or they say is 100% irrelevant because Bush himself said that he believed God had sent him on the mission to start the war in Iraq. As I recall, the minister of the church he attends had some choice words for him on that subject.... which Bush ignored.

I don't care what Abbas or the PLO says, but Bush and other high ranking members of his admin (as well as a four star general) are on record saying that this war is santioned by God.....

Seeing the subject line literally gave me the shivers. You have good reason to be afraid. Bush and company have managed to convince a couple of billion people that the goal of US foreign policy is to exterminate them. That probably will not engender a future of peace and security for the US.

rick_reno
October 6, 2005, 02:36 PM
Longeyes - +1.

and God did leave us a detailed plan, Rumsfield hasn't finished pulling it out of his rear orifice yet.

USSR
October 6, 2005, 02:52 PM
I think I would consider the source of that report.

Don

RealGun
October 6, 2005, 03:06 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It just sets up another shot by the Bush bashers.

rick_reno
October 6, 2005, 03:11 PM
Must be one of those left/right wing conspiracies. Since he's getting bashed from both sides - why don't you let us know which side is doing the bashing.

RealGun
October 6, 2005, 03:31 PM
Must be one of those left/right wing conspiracies. Since he's getting bashed from both sides - why don't you let us know which side is doing the bashing.

Look for the one that has an objective reason, not an irrational hatred or pathological need to be negative.

R.H. Lee
October 6, 2005, 03:33 PM
Bush and company have managed to convince a couple of billion people that the goal of US foreign policy is to exterminate them. Hyperbole. If he/we wanted them 'exterminated', we could have done so by now.

cookekdjr
October 6, 2005, 03:37 PM
Why should we be surprised? After all, all the churches that hand out "voter guides" have been saying he's "God's man in the White House" since he took office. So of course God is directing everything GWB does.
I just have a hard time understanding God's sense of humor. :)
-David

Standing Wolf
October 6, 2005, 04:50 PM
I, for one, wish God would leave a little more detailed and extensive battle plan.

So much simpler to be an atheist!

Lobotomy Boy
October 6, 2005, 04:51 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It just sets up another shot by the Bush bashers.

Realgun, your comment confuses me. You see, it does matter whether or not it is true. It matters a whole lot more than the source of the information.

bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 07:01 PM
God did leave us a detailed plan, Rumsfield hasn't finished pulling it out of his rear orifice yet.

God wrote the constitution? :evil:

bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 07:02 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Talk about your Freudian Slip.... that comment says a lot.

It also summarizes the Bush administrations official policy: never let the facts get in the way!

Fletchette
October 6, 2005, 07:15 PM
When I read the headline, I immediately visualized Bush senior tip-toeing into W's bedroom, lifting W's Teddy bear out of the way and whispering..."George...George...This is God. I want you to kick Saddam's butt..."

Lobotomy Boy
October 6, 2005, 07:19 PM
It also summarizes the Bush administrations official policy: never let the facts get in the way!

That sums up the mindset needed to continue to support this psychopathic administration. I worry about a political backlash that puts Hilary in office in 2008.

When I read the headline, I immediately visualized Bush senior tip-toeing into W's bedroom, lifting W's Teddy bear out of the way and whispering..."George...George...This is God. I want you to kick Saddam's butt..."

Except that the old man had more sense than to invade Iraq. I think it was probably Cheney slinking into W's bedroom.

bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 07:55 PM
That sums up the mindset needed to continue to support this psychopathic administration. I worry about a political backlash that puts Hilary in office in 2008. AMEN. Seriously, my worst nightmare is the Hila-monster versus Cheney in '08.

God help us all.

bountyhunter
October 6, 2005, 07:57 PM
When I read the headline, I immediately visualized Bush senior tip-toeing into W's bedroom, lifting W's Teddy bear out of the way and whispering..."George...George...This is God. I want you to kick Saddam's butt..." Yeah, I saw the same thing except he wasn't cuddling a teddy bear.... it was an empty bottle of Jack Daniel's. :evil:

Hook686
October 6, 2005, 08:16 PM
Today, 09:50 AM #1
Kurush

wrote:

previous quote:

end of previous quote

hmmmm I heard that some of Bush's staff informed him that 3 Brazilian troops that were helping with the search for survivors in the Gulf Coast region were missing and presumed lost. Upon hearing this, the President slumped in his chair, with hands to the sides of his head. After a few minutes he looked up and asked, "How many is a bazillion ?"

Really I heard this.:eek:

Hook686

pax
October 6, 2005, 08:21 PM
This looks like an ideal thread to take over to APS (www.armedpolitesociety.com): religious, a bad signal-to-noise ratio, and perfect fodder for a flame war.

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Bush: God instructed me to strike at Saddam" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!