LMAO: new Taurus advertisement

PDA

MachIVshooter
October 6, 2005, 10:55 PM
I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the new advertisment for the Taurus 24/7 Pro on then back cover of November 2005 G&A. The ad states that "The Taurus 24/7 Pro is the only pistol that automatically reverts to double action and with a simple trigger pull gives you a life saving double action try at firing a faulty cartridge"

And all this time I was pretty darn sure that is how all traditional double action pistols work. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "LMAO: new Taurus advertisement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
October 6, 2005, 11:33 PM
Da' you think that someone should tell Walther ... :uhoh: :D

Hardware
October 6, 2005, 11:58 PM
Sounds like somebody is letting the marketting people write copy without review by the technical folk.

Strings
October 7, 2005, 12:25 AM
hmmm... guess my Beretta was made by Taurus then... :rolleyes:

MrTuffPaws
October 7, 2005, 01:12 AM
Considering they they advertise "polytraction girps" this does not surprise me.

hksw
October 7, 2005, 03:26 PM
I think their statement is a gig at quasi double action guns particularly like Glocks where there is no second strike.

MudPuppy
October 7, 2005, 03:58 PM
But they say:

the only pistol

If you enjoyed reading about "LMAO: new Taurus advertisement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!