FLA License Arrives Early, El Tejon Shocked!

PDA

El Tejon
March 29, 2003, 10:46 AM
This morning after my exercise I checked my Post Office Box to discover that my Florida "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License" had arrived three months earlier than anticipated. I sent my Florida application in on January 19th; it was issued March 25th; and I received it here in Yankeeland on March 29th. Sixty-nine (69) days from mailing in to in-hand.

For those of you, like me, who had not seen one: the license is the size of an operator's license with a blue banner with your birthdate, sex (no, I did not list "yes, please"), race, license number, date of issue and expiration date with your photo. It does not specify "non-resident."

My photo is very scary/ugly. I had it taken at one of those camera shoppes downtown that does photos for passports, BICE documents or Form 4 photos for lawyers, however the processing in Florida brought out my heavy beard (it's Duke of Wellingtonesque--I'm "blue" from about 11 am on). It is not pretty.

I had called the "Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services" just a week ago to ascertain the status of my license. I was advised that it would be issued sometime in mid-June, thus this is quite a shock--sort of like your first Form 4 (oh, it will take years--geez).

This is most beneficial as I leave for Tejas on April 4th. Of course this means I must go pointy, little elf boot and big, silly hat shopping to comply with the admin rules specifying the dress code while carrying in Tejas.:D

Thanks to all the THR members, Greybeard, in particular, who yelled at me to stop whining about Austin and actually do something. I urge all THR members who are in a similar carry situation, my state recongizes everyone, but is not recongized by many, to hold your nose and send your money down to Florida. Better to be legal than not.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "FLA License Arrives Early, El Tejon Shocked!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
12-34hom
March 29, 2003, 11:09 AM
What is the criteria for obtaining a Florida CCW license?

12-34hom.

El Tejon
March 29, 2003, 11:35 AM
12-34, not that bad. You have to pay $117, one page application (two sided) and proof of training. You can write them at:

Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
Post Office Box 6687
Tallahassee, Florida 32314
(850) 488-5381

Hkmp5sd
March 29, 2003, 11:45 AM
Florida CCW Application Online Request (http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/license/forms.html)

Sodbuster
March 29, 2003, 12:14 PM
El Tejon Shocked!
Kirk, it must have been expedited by your good friend Ms. J. Reno. :D (it's only a joke, man:) )

coonan357
March 29, 2003, 12:21 PM
about time !!! and congrates !!

El Tejon
March 29, 2003, 12:23 PM
Sod,:eek:. Only if I told her I wanted to carry in Florida so I could stick the gun in the face of children from Cuber.

OTOH, consider this alternative, maybe it was hand carried by her hot model neice? Mmmmm, hot neice.;)

coonan357
March 29, 2003, 12:33 PM
Tej , You would still have to Kiss Aunt janet at all the family functions ...:what: :what: :barf:

Greybeard
March 29, 2003, 02:25 PM
Hey, hey. ' Glad to see ya gonna be legal for what ya were probably gonna do anyway. ;)

El Tejon
March 29, 2003, 02:40 PM
We now return to El Tejon Theatre of the Absurd:

El Tejon: [opening up drop dead letter from Tejas DPS] "'I say, I say, we don't cotton to ya, Yankee. Please be advise, I say, be aware that y'all won't be commencin' to enter into of that there reciprocity agreement with the Republick of Tejas.'"

El Tejon: [whiny squirrel voice] "Oh, fine. I get a problem worked out in Indy and now it pops up in Austin." [stomps around upstairs] "I can't believe it. Those little pukes in Austin, the gratitude, all the money we pump in down there. I'm just going to rant and whine, and whine and rant on the Internet."

[Enter via telephone Greybeard with stately theme music to rhythm of keyboard]: "You over-latted little squirrel. Climb out of your steel drum life and actually do something instead of whining. Go get your Floriduh license and not another word."

El Tejon: "But . . ."

Greybeard: "Just get it done."

:D

Tamara
March 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
Congratulations!

Don't you just love happy endings? :cool:

Lennyjoe
March 29, 2003, 07:09 PM
Got my prints done here and sent it out yesterday. Whats my chances of having it before I go on leave the first week of June? I hope it shows up cause im gonna be in Georgia, Florida as well as several other states that honors Florida.

Truthfully, I think I procrastinated too long but we will see. I already have one from Az so maybe that will speed up the fingerprinting deal with the feds. Follow on address is Az so I wont have to wait for it to go to my address in Korea.

If you enjoyed reading about "FLA License Arrives Early, El Tejon Shocked!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!