S & W Mdl 66-2 Value

PDA

BullDawg
October 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
Anybody have any guidelines on a retail and low book value for a SW 66-2 with 4" barrel, pachmayr black grip, hammer mounted firing pin, adj. rear site with red raised ramp, stainless. Serial no. AHP3***. Also, any idea on what year it is? Do all of these come with the hammer-mounted firing pin? Sorry, I've never followed S&W much, so don't know a whole lot here.

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "S & W Mdl 66-2 Value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PlayTheAces
October 7, 2005, 11:06 AM
The 66-2 was manufactured from roughly 1982 through 1985. I would put the date of manufacture of yours in the first half of 1985. Maybe someone else can dial in to the exact month.

Prices tend to vary by region, so possibly someone in your area will chime in on values. What I'd have to pay for one in Cal is stupid compared to most parts of the country.

The hammer mounted firing pin was eliminated in the mid/late nineties if I recall, someone help me here with a date.

I haven't had my morning coffee so I'm not firing on all burners yet.

Hey, welcome to the forum!! :D

ruger357
October 7, 2005, 11:39 AM
Around $300-$350 in my neck of the woods. Welcome.

Moonclip
October 7, 2005, 03:30 PM
If in decent shape, I'd say $350 would be a very fair price. Getting below $300, I'd seriously think about it, above $400 you should probably pass.

If you enjoyed reading about "S & W Mdl 66-2 Value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!